Logo on DVD+R Discs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by garyk, Sep 7, 2005.

1. garyk

garyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased some DVD+R Discs and these Discs have a ‘RW’ Logo on them at first I thought these were rewritable disc, but have been told that the ‘RW’ Logo on the discs is there to recognise that the discs are DVD+R discs. I have looked on the web and all ‘RW’ logos have Rewritable under it but this logo does not it has DVD+R under it.

Can someone please confirm?

2. HelenS

HelenS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've noticed that too, on Philips branded +R discs and I find it really annoying and misleading - I didn't buy them thinking they were RW, but if I grab a disc quickly for use I tend to assume it's an RW because of this logo. Seems a really odd idea using this logo, to me.

3. Zebadiah Twine

Zebadiah Twine
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've used several different brands of +R and +RW and they are all the same. The +R disc has RW with DVD+R in small letters underneath. The +RW discs also have RW with DVD+ReWritable written underneath. I've never got them mixed up but I do agree it seems a bit odd.

4. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +620
    Yes, that RW logo is the logo of the DVD aliliance, who bring you +r and +rw, ,so that logo appears on both +r and +rw discs.
    http://www.dvdrw.com/

Mark