Logix T32WLU55FHID 32" from Aldi - Full HD ??

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by bigste, Aug 25, 2012.

1. bigste

bigste
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a TV from Aldi, a Logix T32WLU55FHID 32" Full HD... but it doesn't find and HD Freeview channels; BBC HD, Channel 4 HD etc...
    Is that because the Freeview tuner in the telly is not really an HD Freeview tuner just a regular Freeview tuner and I really need to get a seperate HD Freeview set-top box.

2. Railway

Railway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    I think it is, to receive Freeview HD it would need a T2 tuner and I don't think it has one. A lot of manufacturers quote full HD but that applies to the screen resolution not Freeview! It's all a bit misleading IMO.

3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,161
    TV's with HD Tuners that will work in the UK should be clearly marked Freeview-HD. It's near certain the logix has an HD tuner but only one that will work with DVB-T HD transmissions as used in other European countries. The UK uses DVB-T2 as Railway has already posted.

FULL-HD means the screen will have 1920 x 1080 pixels and will work with a 1080p50/60 video source. It may also work with 1080p24, the native output of a blu-ray player.