Logitech Z906 or Onkyo HT-S5405B?

Discussion in 'What Speakers Should I Buy?' started by mattmcd87, Jan 12, 2012.

1. mattmcd87

mattmcd87
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I used to have the Logitech Z5500 and was very happy with them, mostly used them for music though. Just moved to europe so I left my set there and am looking for a replacement. I thought naturally I would buy the Logitech Z906 setup, but I did a bit of research and came across the Onkyo HT-S5405B system which Ive read great things about. The Logitechs are going for 243£ while the Onkyo are going for £359.

My question is which is the better deal for the price. I will mostly be using it for music at first however I do plan to buy a tv and xbox or PS3 eventually. I dont need the giant bass from the logi as I wont be listening very loud but I am wondering if the extra 116£ for the Onkyo is worth it for the sound improvement? Also, obviously the receiver on the Onkyo is a big advantage, but how does the speaker quality compare between the two? I dont know too much about audio. Thanks!