1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech Z560 owners.....

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by monkeynuts, Apr 28, 2004.

1. monkeynuts

monkeynuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Has anyone else experimented with using these with an AV amp in a full surround sound setup?

I bought 2 sets and have 6 speakers and a sub wired up to my Marantz SR6200 and have been amazed at the quality and depth of sound from them, so much so i am tempted to try using the other sub i have as well in the system. (they were even worth making some custom stands up to use as front left and right)

Has anyone had the chance to compare them to Kef Eggs or something of a similar nature since the sudden rush everyone had on buying them a few months back?

Cheers

Sam

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I use a pair as rears connected into my Denon 1802. And another pair sit on my TV running through the supplied amp.

But then you already knew that ;)

The satellites are definitely more revealing than the Mission 701s that I have in an identical configuration using the rear input.

3. monkeynuts

monkeynuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    You're right i did know that!

Just thought i'd see if anyone else has been experimenting with these little beauties!

A long shot and this post will prob disappear off the page by the end of the day, but worth a try!

Any info on running two subs? is it really as easy as getting a Y-splitter to split the signal from my amp?

4. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    You could run a cable from the pre-outs for the front/rear speakers and then keep your PDR-12 for real bass duties :devil:

You just need to find a line signal from somewhere and use the correct plugs - I could probably make some up for you if you let me know what you want. 2 phono to a 3.5mm socket should do the trick if you want to input a stereo signal.

I know loads of people here have these, someone else must use them in an unusual configuration! :confused:

5. monkeynuts

monkeynuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I have taken the PDR-12 home and borrowed my fathers Z560 sub so i can have a play without needing to disconnect my other set from my laptop.

I plan to use two Z560 subs when i finish uni so have a while to sort out cabling.

I currently have one sub connected via the sub out socket as the PDR-12 was, so assumed i could split this off with ideally a very short run of single male phono to double female phono and run two standard sub leads from there.

What difference does inputing a stereo signal have into sub compared to the output from the sub out socket?

I have been extremely impressed with how tight the bass has been from the Z560 compared to the PDR-12.

If you could make me up a lead(s) i'd be most greatful (not like ur busy or anything ;-)

Cheers

6. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    The sub-out signal is only mono anyway so splitting it into 2 won't make any difference to what the sub actually receives.

You can connect the other one either into the sub-out using a splitter (as you mentioned) but I'd consider running it from the stereo pre-outs.

The Z-560 is much tighter than my old PDR-10 (still can't get rid of it) but my XLS200 pi$ses all over it and looks far better :D

7. monkeynuts

monkeynuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I should hope it does sound better than a Z560! but what about two of them for £120 complete with 8 free speakers ;)

When you say running "them" from the stereo preouts, do you mean just plug each one directly into L and R front preout sockets?

Sorry for the repetitive questions just need to make sure i chose the easiest and preferably the cheapest route!

8. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Not to worry, I certaily don't know best anyway! I'd use one from the mono sub-out and the other connected to both L and R pre-outs (using a Y-cable). At least with those cables you can try all the possible configurations anyway!

Cables are dirt cheap anyway. I made a 5m sub cable with locking phono plugs for £12 :)

9. monkeynuts

monkeynuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Cheers john, a great help as usual ;) and yes you do normally know best!

Might be speaking to you in a month or so about making me a Y- cable if thats ok!

Might even have another Z-560 as well as Girlfriend is using my third one with two sats at the mo.

Wonder what 3 would sound like with a PDR-12 in there somewhere ;)

10. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Probably terrible, you'll have a huge amount of trouble with interference! :laugh:

Get in touch whenever, you've got enough ways of getting hold of me :)

11. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I bought a few sets and tried using 5 sats and sub with a Pioneer 301 receiver in my flat. Worked fine but the bass was to deep for the neighbours so I went back to my standmounts and no sub. Still using 2 sats for surrounds an I think they're excellent and much better than the Yamaha NSE105's I used to have.

At my house I've got a set for the computer and another set for the bedroom system.

They're great speakers for the money but I don't think the sats sound there best driven by the onboard amps. I think the sub on its own would beat any new sub up to about £200 with ease. In my trials it trounced a Mission 70ASE and an Eltax Sub10.