Logitech Z5400 or Z5500

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by kevstarkie, Jan 10, 2008.

1. kevstarkie

kevstarkie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi, im looking into getting one of these systems as it is easier than getting an amp and speakers and it also helps as its for a bedroom and there is not much space.

I have a few questions though. Will I be able to connect both my Sky HD and PS3 to either system. Not sure if they both have only 1 optical meaning I wont be able to connect both.

Other than that does anyone know more about them and if they are any good and which one is better than the other, thanks.

2. reflectiveideal

reflectiveideal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Hi, If you are looking for a good all-in-one solution that you can plug multiple devices into, then i reccommend that you look at this : http://www.play.com/Electronics/Ele...nd-Sound-System/Product.html?searchtype=genre

It has multiple inputs as well as 2 x HDMI pass thoughs, effectively giving you an extra HDMI connection. All for under £200, its a bargin! Having said that, i know that the z-5500 is supposed to be a good set as well. Choices, choices. Good Luck! :)

3. kevstarkie

kevstarkie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks for that but think i prefer look of logitech. So can anyone answer my questions. Would I be able to connect both sky hd and ps3 to either of the logitechs.

4. kevstarkie

kevstarkie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Having a look around think i would prefer the 5500's. Does it have 2 optical inputs though as i dont think neither the sky hd or ps3 have coax out.

Does anyone with these know for sure. Also do all leads come with the system or do you need to buy it on its own. It not how long is the wire, thanks.

5. Hawkwind

Hawkwind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7