Logitech z-5500 subwoofer

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Tri11, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tri11

Tri11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi AV community :thumbsup: . Im on the look for a cheap subwoofer for my system at college, mainly to drown out the awful sounds coming from down below.

I was wondering if it is possible to run the subwoofer from a Logitech z-5500 system from an AV reciever (Denon avr1706 in my case) as though it was an ordinary active sub?

Thanks, Phil :cool:

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Phil - It looks like the Logitech is a speaker package designed to run off of a PC or games console and tbh i do not think it will work with the Denon amp you are looking at :(

Here are the listed inputs of the package and i presume that this comes off the control unit that comes with the speaker set.

Digital optical for DVD or CD players, PlayStation 2, Xbox
    Digital coaxial for DVD or CD players or PC sound cards
    6 channel direct (3 stereo-mini connectors) for 2, 4, or 6 channel PC sound cards OR
    6 channel direct (3 stereo-mini connectors) for 3 stereo analog mini audio sources, like CD and DVD players, Playstation 2, Xbox, or 2 channel PC sound cards
    Analog stereo-mini (on side panel of control center) for portable CD, MP3,or MiniDisc players

3. Tri11

Tri11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Ah, oh well. I already have the system setup, great for music in my college room, but I need a cheap subwoofer mainly because the guy underneath me plays crap at like 3am. I'm looking for something which will keep him awake during the day and will shake his ceiling, but will cost very little, letting them know i'm not gonna put up with it anymore :thumbsdow !

4. michael.redfern

michael.redfern

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    I used to live in a flat over a "restaurant" in Sheffield (that was humerously closed down after food standards types found him using below pet food grade chicken and fish - :eek: nice). Anyway, he used to do building work on it at like 7 am on a sunday morning, including drilling new light fittings into my bedroom floor from underneath. :suicide:
    We stopped him dong that by having daily "pogoing round the lounge" sessions during his lunchtime rush. He REALLY loved those. We also went out for the day, with the Prodigy on A-B repeat, the volume up and the speakers lying facing the floor. Ha. Good times. :thumbsup:

5. Daddy k

Daddy k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,351
    you bloody holigans are lucky asbos wernt around then ;)

6. Daddy k

Daddy k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,351
    try buying a used sub from the forum,
    prob get a good un for less than £100

7. michael.redfern

michael.redfern

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    Yeah, however he kinda deserved it. Here's the article from the Telegraph about what he (Arnold Smith) was serving in his "restaurant" (sorry, but I just can't bring myself to say that without the quotes): -

"23 Dec 00 - Food Safety - Condemned meat fraudsters jailed
    By Paul Stokes

Five meat traders were jailed yesterday for a plot that made 1,300 tons of condemned poultry available for sale .

Chicken and turkey that should have been sent for use in pet food was cleaned up and sold into the human food chain for three years. A 70-day trial at Hull Crown Court heard that the conspirators made profits of £2.5 million.

Investigators found the unfit meat was supplied to butchers, market traders, restaurants, take-away outlets, schools, old people's homes and supermarkets. Andrew Boid, 33, former manager of the Wells By-Products factory, in Worksop, Nottinghamshire, owned by Britain's largest pet food rendering firm, Prospect De Mulder, received the largest jail term of eight years.

Boid, of Carlton-in-Lindrick, near Worksop, was sentenced to seven years for conspiracy with a further 12 months consecutive for fraud. Darren Bibby, 29, an assistant manager at Wells By-Products, of Oldcotes, near Worksop, was given three years' imprisonment. Peter Tantram, 47, of Ingham, Lincoln, who ran a trimming and repackaging operation called Cliff Top Pet Foods, received six years with a consecutive 12-month sentence for fraud.

Two meat brokers who admitted conspiracy were also jailed. John McGinty, 48, of Rotherham, South Yorkshire, was given five years, and Arnold Smith, 63, of Sheffield, three years nine months. Andrew Boid's father Clive Boid, 55, a former director of Prosper de Mulder, of Oldcotes, near Nottingham, was convicted of fraud against Pedigree Pet foods and will be sentenced later.
    "

:zonked:

And the BBC. I mean, come on now, sometimes the neightbours have done stuff worth irritating them with a bloody good subwoofer!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1082208.stm

8. Daddy k

Daddy k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,351
    shame they were closed down then really,
    could of just ate a few chicken burgers from themselves then your rear end could of created all the bass you need ;)

feeling hungry now!

9. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think we should be promoting annoying neighbours so i will close this :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.