Logitech Z-540 speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by tsacrey, Sep 6, 2007.

1. tsacrey

tsacrey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, currently I have the logitech z-540 5.1 speakers hooked up to my Sanyo HDTV through it's audio out feature. Unfortunately, but not surprisingly, there is no way to hook the centre channel up to it, so I just plug in the left and right channels to it (each individual speaker is plugged into the subwoofer, and the woofer into the centre channel) and I press the little button on the centre channel that creates a "Centre channel sound" from the sound going to the other channels...ok

As far as I know I need an amp and or receiver to hook up the centre channel. My question is: Is it worth it to go through the hassle of hooking up these speakers, or should I go ahead and get an all-in-one speaker system or buy components? I like the audio coming out of the speakers now, but in the future, not sure...however, a full system is not really in the budget right now.

At any rate, how do you think the logitech speakers would perform once hooked up to a proper surround sound source (i.e. dvd player and receiver/amp)? Thanks!

Cheers!

Terry