• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Logitech X-540 Speakers and Yamaha RX-V465

humpo2

Standard Member
Hi there,

I have been looking to buy an AV Receiver for getting HD audio from my PS3 as i use it as my Blu-Ray player and have come across the Yamaha RX-V465.

My question is whether or not i can use my Logitech X-540 speakers with this av receiver if i take off the connector at the end of the speaker wires and use the speaker wire at the end to connect it all together.

Thanks in Advance.
Dan.

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
Hey mate,

Check the impedance of the speakers. If they are 6 or 8ohms should be ok, if they are 3ohms then that would mean your amp struggles to power them and you could risk damaging your amp. You would also need a sub as the small speakers wouldnt be able to handle the LFE. Do you have one?

Cheers

Saf

PSM1

Distinguished Member
I do not think you will be able to use these speakers on your Yamaha reciever and even if you could they are not going to sound good.
You need to check the impedence of the speakers. Anything under 4 ohms should not be used with an AV reciever as it could cause damage to the reciever. Also I doubt the sub can be used and without it the other speakers are just going to be too tinny. A new sub would cost around £120 so you are better of getting a speaker set as 5.1 ones start from £150.
IMHO it is pointless getting an AV reciever and then, even if you can, putting these speakers on it.

humpo2

Standard Member
Thanks for the replies guys,

So from what I'm seeing then i should probably invest in getting some other 5.1 speakers with the AV Reciever for it to work properly.

Thanks for the advice guys.
Dan.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom