LOGITECH X-540 5.1 Speakers?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Waynej, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    I realise this may not be the PROPER place to talk about speakers but I'm sure I have seen many people with these speakers in the "Get your PS3/360's out for the lads" threads.

I just wanted to know if they are any good for £69.99 - there is not much in the way of details on Comet's site. I've listed Comet as I have a £110 voucher to spend at the store.

My brother has gone out to do some shopping so has taken the gift card with him and is gonna ring me in a few hours when he gets to comet to see what I want, so I've been having a nose on their site and found these.

I do have some cheap n' nasty 5.1's which I bought years ago for my original Xbox console these were like £40 back then and to be fair are pretty poor. There is a constant hissing, I thought if these are much better sound/build quality then they would be worth picking up

I can't find any details on the connections or features. Does anyone know if they have the Dolby 5.1 and DTS decoders built-in as I belive it will need this for PS3 and Xbox 360?

How many inputs does it have? If it has 2 optical then that would be great as I can have my 360 and PS3 hooked up at the same time and its bound to have stereo phono connectors so that would be used for my PC.

Sorry for the long post. If these speakers are not the ones for the task then I guess the gift card will get me Resistance and Motorstorm ready for when my PS3 arrives at least.

[​IMG]

http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/product.do?sku=375420

2. Praxidike

Praxidike
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/120414

£50, and take a tenner off by using Google checkout. :thumbsup:

Can't help you on the specifics though, but I'm also looking for some speakers, and these were some I was considering.

3. russd1978

russd1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
  4. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    Cheers for that, I may have jumped for those speakers without reading that review - though it doesn't seem the most informed review. There was no mention of 5.1 usage in that via optical (assuming it has optical) so can't judge on that too much. But I will leave it for now I think and see if anything else crops up at a later date.

5. Praxidike

Praxidike
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    I don't think it has optical, looking at some pictures on another site, it only appears to be headphone jacks, mainly from a PC.

6. russd1978

russd1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
  7. timus

timus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    I have the Logitech Z5450 i think its not 5.1 its pro logic 2 but it does DTS. It has the optical input works nicely with the PS3 especially a the rear speakera are wireless, but each needs to be plugged in at the mains.

8. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    There is no way it can output DTS but not 5.1 as DTS has to be at least 5.1.