Logitech Wireless Mouse

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by scookar, Mar 25, 2006.

1. scookar

scookar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Just bought a new PC with the Logitech LX-700 wireless keyboard and mouse.

One thing that the instructions don't really cover is whether you are supposed to put the mouse back in the docking station after each time you use it or only when the rechargeable battery has run out.

Does anyone have the same keyboard and mouse? Do you only charge the mouse when the battery has fully run out? Will it affect the battery life if I put the mouse in the docking station when the battery still has life in it?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

2. Sarah Nya

Sarah Nya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have the same model but its similar. I just put the mouse in to charge whenever I remember to be honest lol. It lasts ages between charges though.

3. davet010

davet010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I only tend to do it every week or so. if the little light just beneath the scroll wheel shows red, then you definitely need to do it - and it takes a good while to charge up, too.

4. semiskimmed

semiskimmed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +259
    when i had mine, it used to last for days. i left it off the holder most often though. and it should take 10mins to fully charge up according to logitech, you might have a dodgy one davet010

5. PhilNUK

PhilNUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I got the MX1000...
    got it last sunday, put it on charge for 10 mins and its got 2 lights left on it still with a lot of use with it this week.. very pleased with the mouse.
    Its best to only charge it when you need to charge it, much like a mobile phone I suppose..

6. diamond_joe

diamond_joe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got one of these and it normally takes about 4 days worth of my use to drain the batteries and to be honest i leave it in the charger only when i remember, takes a couple of hours to fully charge but is a pain to fit precisely in the unit at times:oops:

7. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,090
    It depends on how much you use the mouse as it goes in to a dormant stage when not in use bue I usually put mine back in the cradle at night but I have had 2 days heavy use out of mine but the red warning light has been flashing for about 3 hours before Iv been able to recharge it

8. bluedoo

bluedoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    i have one of these and i tend to put it back in the cradle about once a week if i remember
    sometimes forget and get a warning on screen and haveto then put in after i have finished what i am doing

9. scookar

scookar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hmmmmmmm. Sounds like charginig once a week is the concensus.

Does anyone else have problems with getting the mouse to fit with the contacts on the charger? It seems to be hit and miss sometimes. You have to really push the mouse against the back of the charger to make sure they connect.

Or do I just have a dodgy cradle?

10. bluedoo

bluedoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    no mine slips into the cradle no probs

11. Chamber

Chamber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1st Rule: If u undrestand anything about PC u will never buy Wireless Mouse if u dont know why? just ask, ill tell u why :)
    2nd rule:Keep With Rule Nr.1

12. bubble6

bubble6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I Have A Trust 250sp Optical Wireless Weird Thing Is Sometimes It Wont Work But If I Put My Keyboard Near It It Does Weird Eh?

13. apolloa

apolloa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,350
    Why not then? What's wrong with the G7 Logitech?

14. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    I've been using corldess mice for years without problems.

15. Chamber

Chamber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    becouse...man...wireless is not that accuracy as it should be, batteries and stuff... not worth...

16. RandomLee

RandomLee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,948
    Chamber, the LX 700 is very accurate for a wireless optical, and it has a built in rechargeable battery that doesnt take long at all to charge up!

1st rule: If u undrestand anything about PCs... then read up on stuff before you give ill informed advice!

Scookar, I have the LX-700 and have only recharged my mouse about 4 or 5 times since January... and I use it daily for games and general use... from about 2m away from the receiver. I havent had to replcae the keyboard batteries yet either.

The red light will come on when it needs charged, but you still get a few more hours out of it before you notice it becoming slower and less responsive, then you just stick it on charge until the light goes off. Also, the battery should be re-charged before it's fully dead to get the best out of it... you can check it's remaining charge in the mouse section of the Logitech control panel.

Hope that helps...

Lee

17. sleepyone

sleepyone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I dont have a docking mouse, but my wireless logitech lasts about 4 months on 2 normal AA batteries. I get about 6 months out of the keyboard.

And I have not noticed any drop in accuracy switching from wired to wireless.

Im playing Half-Life2 at the moment and not noticed any problems. Saying that though HL2 isn't as much a twitch FPS as say BF2 or CounterStrike.

18. AutomanUK

AutomanUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this mouse and the MX5000 keyboard, how have you found the bluetooth hub mine can be a bit sporadic at times.:confused:

P.s. I use the MX1000 fro BF2 and its great all those extra buttons come in very handy

19. AutomanUK

AutomanUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This might have been true 5 years ago but not now with all the new laser mice about. :thumbsup:

20. Noggin1980

Noggin1980

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,175
    As others have said you are completly wrong. Some of the new wireless mice (mouses?) are fantastic and every bit as good and accurate as a corded mouse.

Years ago you would have been right but not anymore, especially not with the fantastic Logitech G7 gaming mouse.

21. didgit

didgit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    now that you mention it and without intending to highjack this thread...I have the same keyboard and mouse and they are very sporadic, I keep having to reset the bluetooth hub and botht he keyboard and mouse, once it's working is fine but it happens most time I switch my computer on after being off for a few days and it's driving me mad... I know most people leave their computer on all the time but I use my laptop so much that my main PC is switched for for days sometimes... does anyone knows a fix for this ?