Logitech Wireless controllers for XBox question?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by lscolman, Sep 19, 2004.

1. lscolman

lscolman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    I have one of the above controllers, but would like to purchase 3 more for multi-player mayhem...

Does anyone know if the frequencies clash. The wavebird controllers I have for my Gamecube have a selectable frequency range to they don't clash, but the Logitech's don't appear to have this facility?

Anyone able to help?

Cheers, Lee

2. gavan

gavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    I was wondering too but a google.groups search implies that they will coexist as one person said he was using 4 Logitechs no problems.

Also, they apparently behave themselves quite well with other 2.4GHz devices like WiFi and some US model mobile phones.

By the way - for people who are thinking of buying one, these (the new models) are _great_ controllers. They are more or less the same as a Controller-S but I think the sticks actually feel nicer.

There's no lag that I can discern and I've never had a problem with games recognising movement or keypresses. Not having a wire to worry about is really excellent and the only drawback is that you can't really use them with the Live headset. There are memory card slots but only on the transmitter unit that plugs into the XBox.

Gav

3. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    I have one for the xbox
    receiver and control have little selectors with 1-8 on them
    so you can have 8 controllers at the same time.

£17 at play.com inc delivery

4. Toasty

Toasty
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    With all the positive comments about this controller recently, its raised my interest especially as I have a couple of rugrats who dive for the leads every time I wanna spend 10 mins on ye olde box of the X.

So, if you don't mind me hijacking this thread with a few more questions:

How does the controller handle "line of sight", eg, does the controller stop working whenever something temporarily gets in between the xbox and controller?

How long do the batteries last?

Finally, are the black and white buttons positioned the same as the S controller or the original?

Cheers,

5. gavan

gavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286

'Line of sight' isn't needed. The controller should work pretty much anywhere in the room (and even adjacent rooms depending on your walls' construction)

Battery life is quoted as something like 50 hours depending on how much vibration effects are used (you can also turn off vibration on the controller to save battery life). I got many hours play out of the included set.

Stick/button layout and controller size/shape are almost identical to the Controller-S. I actually prefer the grippy rubber thumsticks over the regular controller.

Gav