1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech wingman extreme 3D force

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by monkeyleader, Aug 27, 2004.

1. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Hi,

I just bought the above joystick from ebay but its turned up with a gamepad connection rather than a usb one - a couple of questions. Can the gamepad connection power it to enable force feedback and is there a dongle that allows me to convert the gamepad connection to usb ?

I'll either need to get myself a gamepad PCI card or the dongle.

cheers,

Nige

PS: anyone got this joystick and play it with Flight Sim care to comment on its quality ?

2. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    So I ended up getting a SBLive Soundcard with the correct connection on it. The joystick works but does not give me Force Feedback - Im using Windows XP so had to download the drivers from the net - any idas on how to enable Force Feedback ?

Nigel

3. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have you got the logitech drivers installed?
    if not try and look in there to find the tick box for force feedback, in the calibration section

4. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Yup - I've installed a few different versions of the logitech drivers and it does not give me the option for force feedback in the calibration section. Under FS2004 it has an option to enable the joystick but not for joystick forces. Its either buggered or I'm using the wrong drivers.

Ideas ?

Nigel

5. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Just to wrap this post up - the joystick I bought was not in the end Force Feedback even tho the seller on ebay said it was :( Sent it back, got a refund (minus the postage both ways £14) so I was not happy but he wasnt budging .. ho hum ... So now Im back where I started - any recomendations for a FF joystick so I can enjoy my FS2004 in peace :)

6. stadleroux

stadleroux
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    According to the list of joysticks displayed on Logitech's product page , they don't have the Logitech Strike Force 3D anymore, but you should be able to get it at a good price if you can still find it in a shop or on ebay. Otherwise the Logitech Force 3D is also fine, just a little smaller and lighter :( with fewer buttons...

The Strike Force 3D has two hat switches, for instance, and the Force 3D only one. The Strike Force 3D also has a clickable scrolling wheel and (edit) two extra buttons on the side. Dunno how many commands you'd want to be able to execute from the stick, but with FS2004 I'd guess you'd take everything you can get...! :)