Logitech Squeezebox Touch - ' new user in 2017'

Plain_Vanilla

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have had a Squeezebox Touch for a few years. I tend to only use it as an internet radio or Mp3 player off a flash drive. I've also got a 5 year old Synology NAS but found it a bit hit and miss when I tried to get them working before, the NAS really only having to be switched on occasionally for the Touch. Fairly sure I set up Squeezebox account when I got it but since lost the details. I used to be quite tech savvy but have totally lost touch with a lot of stuff now.

The Touch is perfect condition. If I was a new user trying to to get the best from this kit now in 2017, what would be the way to go for music playback, apps, radio? I notice it can do Spotify... Also have a Chromecast Audio...Not sure if that makes the Touch still worthwhile?

Thank you for any pointers

You can also connect up to deezer if you have an account. Napster is dead on the old logitech platform since SSL got retired.
I guess you can connect it to your amp if that is not yet networked ?

There's also a third-party Tidal plug-in available for the Touch.

I have had a Squeezebox Touch for a few years. I tend to only use it as an internet radio or Mp3 player off a flash drive. I've also got a 5 year old Synology NAS but found it a bit hit and miss when I tried to get them working before, the NAS really only having to be switched on occasionally for the Touch. Fairly sure I set up Squeezebox account when I got it but since lost the details. I used to be quite tech savvy but have totally lost touch with a lot of stuff now.

The Touch is perfect condition. If I was a new user trying to to get the best from this kit now in 2017, what would be the way to go for music playback, apps, radio? I notice it can do Spotify... Also have a Chromecast Audio...Not sure if that makes the Touch still worthwhile?

Thank you for any pointers
How did you get on with the touch? I am looking to stream from my NAS on the cheap and looking at picking up a touch.

Napster does work on the Radio, UE Smart Radio and Touch models.

pinkdot over on the Squeezebox forums has repacked the latest 7.9 LMS releases to work on Synology NASs running DSM 5 and 6 (see his threads under 3rd party software).

There is also a BBC iPlayer plugin from BPA & Triode that will play the new HQ DASH and HLS streams from a he BBC. See my sticky here for details on how to instal it.

I still think that the LMS solution is still the best that's available right now.

HB

Last edited:
How did you get on with the touch? I am looking to stream from my NAS on the cheap and looking at picking up a touch.
I didn't do any more with my Touch as we have everything disconnected and packed away for months whilst doing some home renovations. I used to stream stuff from my Synology NAS via the Touch no problem, well not with the hardware. More my issue was how many of my MP3s etc were ripped having been done over a number of years using differing software. Bit of a nightmare finding complete albums and particular tracks on a little screen. In the end for me, being an oldie, picking up a CD is so much easier. Have enjoyed the Touch though for internet radio.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom