Logitech PS3 Controller

kingsize

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Saw one today @ HMV - £29.99 wireless

Does anyone have one? The packaging obstructs the view of the triggers....bah!

It seems a bit chunkier than the grim official controller, and the Logitech for the PS2 was regarded in some knowledgeable quarters as superior to the offical PS2 pad.

Would love to know if anyone could attest to its superiority or indeed inferiority to the official and dreadful PS3 pad.........

the only logitech one i've seen is the one with fans in it to cool your hands

i find official pads better, and you don't get your mates blaming your win because your pads different to theirs!

Matt

i find official pads better, and you don't get your mates blaming your win because your pads different to theirs!

Matt

"Why do I get the dodgy controller?" :rotfl:

I just ordered one from Amazon. They have them for £24.99. It cost me £21.47 after a £3 promotional coupon I had and free super saver delivery. I've used the PS2 and Xbox ones and they were great. If this one is anything like those then I have high hopes for it. We shall see after I get it. Hopefully it will pair up with the built in bluetooth instead of using a USB adapter. Amazon didn't specify one way or the other.

Edit: It looks like it does use a USB radio frequency based 2.4Ghz receiver. Hopefully it won't be too intrusive.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2905,CONTENTID=13374

I just ordered one from Amazon. They have them for £24.99. It cost me £21.47 after a £3 promotional coupon I had and free super saver delivery. I've used the PS2 and Xbox ones and they were great. If this one is anything like those then I have high hopes for it. We shall see after I get it. Hopefully it will pair up with the built in bluetooth instead of using a USB adapter. Amazon didn't specify one way or the other.

Edit: It looks like it does use a USB radio frequency based 2.4Ghz receiver. Hopefully it won't be too intrusive.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2905,CONTENTID=13374

And 2 x AA which should help with the weight. Please keep us posted!

I thought the Logitech PS2 wireless pad was excellent and much better than standard PS2 pad.

Does this one for the PS3 include SIXAXIS control though? It's not mentioned in the spec. Will be difficult to play super-rub-a-dub or flow or Blastfactor without it :D

I thought the Logitech PS2 wireless pad was excellent and much better than standard PS2 pad.

Does this one for the PS3 include SIXAXIS control though? It's not mentioned in the spec. Will be difficult to play super-rub-a-dub or flow or Blastfactor without it :D

thats a good point....

True enough but that is the logitech chillstream pad for the ps3, and those triggers look tiny :confused:

True enough but that is the logitech chillstream pad for the ps3, and those triggers look tiny :confused:

Maybe but then I don't have high expectations of the Logitech controller. I need a second controller and I figure I rather get the Logitech one and save about £13. They have a good reputation in general and like I already mentioned I was more then happy with their PS2 and Xbox controllers. The PS3 one can't be any worse then the official controller and may possibly be better. The build quality of the official controller is a joke and hopefully that of the Logitech one will be better.

I have the chillstream controller and its pap. Feels nicer to hold but the analogue sticks seem to have a bigger deadzone and the triggers are aweful.
Also there is no PS button to go back to the crossbar:mad:

Maybe but then I don't have high expectations of the Logitech controller. I need a second controller and I figure I rather get the Logitech one and save about £13. They have a good reputation in general and like I already mentioned I was more then happy with their PS2 and Xbox controllers. The PS3 one can't be any worse then the official controller and may possibly be better. The build quality of the official controller is a joke and hopefully that of the Logitech one will be better.

Well be interested to hear what you make of the pad when you receive it, getting used to the ps3 pad but those triggers just feel so bad to me :thumbsdow

I have the chillstream controller and its pap. Feels nicer to hold but the analogue sticks seem to have a bigger deadzone and the triggers are aweful.
Also there is no PS button to go back to the crossbar:mad:

The cordless one is based on the one for the PS2 which is a great controller and better then the official PS2 one, so it should be pretty good. It also has a PS button like the official controller. It's quite possible it may not be that good but I doubt it's any worse then the official one. I'll just have to wait for mine to arrive. If I'm not happy with I'll just sell it on.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom