Logitech one and rf projector screen

Re-Invented

Established Member
Reaction score
I currently have a rf projector screen but obviously the harmony one is only ir, i'm just wondering if anyone knows in anyway how I could get thIs setup so it puts the screen down when I press watch movie.

Is there anyway to convert the rf circuit to ir ???

It only needs to send a start command as the projector stops at a certain point anyway and likewise when I click watch tv close up you don't have to actually hold the button.

Thanks lee

Universal remotes are all IR, the screen is RF - so it can't be done.:thumbsdow

logiciel said:
Universal remotes are all IR, the screen is RF - so it can't be done.:thumbsdow

I appreciate that but I didn't know if I could convert the circuit in the screen to ir, thus allowing me to use it. I suppose all it means is actually setting up the 12v trigger just that's going to be a pain as my floor joists run the wrong way to wire easy

Lee

That sounds to me like trying to get a gas oven to run on electricity, but maybe it IS easier than that.:)

I feared as much,I suppose gas and electric don't mix to well lol

Lee

:D

Is there anyway to convert the rf circuit to ir ???

Thanks lee

You may want to look at this company and the two IR/RF modules they make.

This one seems to do what you want.

This one specifically mentions Logitech remotes, but has the added advantage of a built in timer to do stuff while you are not there!. (update) the blurb says - In case of a Logitech Harmony there is no learning necessary, as the Light-Manager is found in the Logitech library

They will be able to tell you if it is compatible with your "beamer screen" as they call it. They were very helpful when I emailed about my stuff.

I have just bought the Bang & Olufsen compatible one to control my HomeEasy lighting and sockets

Stoobie

PS there is an annoying Java pop-up on their pages for some users - it seems to be something to do with an Xmas themed banner on the pages.

Last edited:
Thanks will research this tomorrow at work, if it can sort my lights out as well that would be awesome

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you have any luck with this, I have a Crosby & Bown screen and looking to do something similiar?

Cheers

James

Bonjour, bienvenu, et merci bien.

Nice link - good for a laugh or two - the botton gets corrected but then we get "on-off the electric city <and> the lamp in your bed" and they conjure up some nice images with "Multifuction".:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom