Logitech Harmony

Tantalus

Novice Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used this with TAG kit? Is so - is it any good?

Hi I'm using a Harmony 525 with my AV32DP. I takes a bit to set up but once you now how it works it's really nice. The Activities is a real treat. In Device mode it works just as any programmable remote.

Cheers
/B

I use an 885 and am very happy with it - I've not had to pick up any of my other remotes since setting it up and even my wife is impressed. I think that the downloaded set of operations for the AV32 is poor but you can make it work ok.

Regards,

I use an 885 and am very happy with it - I've not had to pick up any of my other remotes since setting it up and even my wife is impressed. I think that the downloaded set of operations for the AV32 is poor but you can make it work ok.

Regards,

I'm trying to set up an 885 with my system, though I'm not finding it that easy due to the generic nature of some of the questions. Did you get your 885 to mimic the tag remote or did you have to set it up manually?

I'm trying to set up an 885 with my system, though I'm not finding it that easy due to the generic nature of some of the questions. Did you get your 885 to mimic the tag remote or did you have to set it up manually?

Hi Davee,

Sorry for the delay - been away for a while. I just logged on to the Harnony site and input the names of my kit and accepted what was loaded onto the remote. The AV32 list was incomplete but enough for most operations.

Set up three activities - Watch PVR/Watch DVD/Listen CD and assigned commonly used buttons per activity to the LCD. Never cloned anything from the original Tag remote. Found it best to disconnect the Tag link between AV32 and DVD32 and let the Harmony switch the DVD on and off.

I'm no technocrat so it must have been easy :)

Regards,

Thanks Derek, I tried to let the Harmony sort itself out, although I was trying the 'learn from remote to remote' route which to a certain extent has worked, although curiously some commands werent accepted. Volume control hasnt come across for instance and I'm not sure how to programme in other commands for example;

Play DVD: switches Tag AV and DVD on (100x5 comes on via tag link),switches on projector, sets the source to dvd. I now want to set the picture aspect which normally take half a dozen presses of shift/display, though why it doesnt go to 16:9 in the first place when thats whats in the menu I have no idea. So, how to get it to carry out that command six or so times until the aspect ratio is correct? :rolleyes:

I'll keep perservering but the rest of the family think I'm wasting my time, they have got used to juggling the clutch of old remotes. At least I can operate all the Tag stuff from one remote.

Out of interest has anyone else thoght that Tag got the design of the remote upside down? The weight is so wrong being top heavy. The number of times Ive tried to operate it in the dark only to find its pointing at me is embarrassing

Thanks Derek, I tried to let the Harmony sort itself out, although I was trying the 'learn from remote to remote' route which to a certain extent has worked, although curiously some commands werent accepted.

Is Logitech supporting import/convert of Pronto files? If so, I could send you my file.

Regards
Daniel

Attachments

• pronto2.png
    pronto2.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 63
Hi Davee,

I did warn you I am no expert :)

Thanks Derek, I tried to let the Harmony sort itself out, although I was trying the 'learn from remote to remote' route which to a certain extent has worked, although curiously some commands werent accepted. Volume control hasnt come across for instance and I'm not sure how to programme in other commands for example;

I picked up the AV32 volume controls in the initial download and then in all my Activities made the AV32 the default control for volume ("customise activities"), so whatever mode the Harmony is in, volume controls work the AV32.

Play DVD: switches Tag AV and DVD on (100x5 comes on via tag link),switches on projector, sets the source to dvd. I now want to set the picture aspect which normally take half a dozen presses of shift/display, though why it doesnt go to 16:9 in the first place when thats whats in the menu I have no idea. So, how to get it to carry out that command six or so times until the aspect ratio is correct? :rolleyes:

If it is an inconsistent number of presses required then I don't see how the Harmony can cope as it doesn't know the start point of your display. All I could try would be to set up one of the buttons on the Harmony as shift/display then press it the required number of times.

I'll keep perservering but the rest of the family think I'm wasting my time, they have got used to juggling the clutch of old remotes. At least I can operate all the Tag stuff from one remote.

If my wife can use it, then anyone can!

Sorry I can't answer your problem, perhaps someone else might.

Regards,

No worries Derek I'll work at it though I have a low boredom threshold when it comes to programming.

Daniel, thanks for the offer but I have no idea whether logitech can import pronto files. Interesting idea though.

Ive been using the harmony 895 with my Tag equipment/projector/XBOX360/curtains/fireplace and im pretty impressed, all the boxex are hidden away in a cupboard in the middle of the house, and the projector is in the room behind the home cinema room ( it projects through a hole in the wall ) , so I have 2 seperate Logitech RF receivers, one for the cupboard, one for the projector and the Handset itself uses IR to control my curtains and fireplace in the room itself.
It took a while to get set up but it works perfectly now, even my girlfriend visitors have managed to switch things on and off.

Ive been using the harmony 895 with my Tag equipment/projector/XBOX360/curtains/fireplace and im pretty impressed, all the boxex are hidden away in a cupboard in the middle of the house, and the projector is in the room behind the home cinema room ( it projects through a hole in the wall ) , so I have 2 seperate Logitech RF receivers, one for the cupboard, one for the projector and the Handset itself uses IR to control my curtains and fireplace in the room itself.
It took a while to get set up but it works perfectly now, even my girlfriend visitors have managed to switch things on and off.

Perhaps you could send me your girlfriend visitors to help me switch things on and off :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom