Logitech Harmony Xbox Issues

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by monkey butler, Mar 10, 2013.

1. monkey butler

monkey butler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Hi everyone

I recently upgraded my older Xbox to an Xbox slim. Since I've had the Xbox I've other problems with the Xbox turning on when it's not even part of that activity. A good example of this is when I turned my media PC activity off today, so that no activities were running, it turned my Xbox on.

The help button doesn't really help because the Xbox is only included in one activity, which is the play the Xbox itself. Therefore when I go through the help it doesn't feature the Xbox so I can't do anything with it.

I've been back to the software but it doesn't really help me. I've tried updating the Xbox device and that hasn't worked. Today I added a new Xbox device replaced all the old Xbox devices with the new one under the activities and then deleted the old Xbox device. That didn't work either.

I'm wondering if somehow my Panasonic television or my Onkyo amp are sending commands out to the Xbox rather than it being an issue with the harmony remote.

Anyone got any ideas? I've been in a Logitech harmony happy customer for the last six years and it's only recently since I've upgraded my Xbox that had the problems.

Thanks!

:thumbsup:

2. monkey butler

monkey butler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Nothing? I cant be the only person with this issue, can I?

3. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,768
    Give them a bit longer.
    It sounds very much like a case of the devices having some automatic switching system of their own though.

4. Pistol1

Pistol1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    You say it turns on when you turn your media pc off? That could be your problem right there.

There are two types of remote that can control 360's - the special Xbox 360 remote, and also Windows Media Centre remotes. As far as I recall, to get the Harmony to work with the 360, you have to set it up as a MCE remote - I don't think it can pretend to be a "proper" 360 remote.

In the 360 settings section, you can choose whether to have the 360 controlled by the 360 remote only, or 360 and MCE remotes. It's possible that if you change yours to respond only to the 360 remote, it will fix the problem you are currently experiencing; but, it may give you another problem if you can't then use the Harmony to control the 360!

5. monkey butler

monkey butler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I'm confident that I've tried this already and it doesn't work, but i will check test and try again.

6. Pistol1

Pistol1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Definitely try it again, there's a little-known bug in the remote setting - even if it's set correctly, it sometimes doesn't work unless you change it to the other setting and then back again...

7. monkey butler

monkey butler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Okay, I have now set my Xbox again to the setting Xbox 360 media remote.

I'll test on all activities both on and off and switching activities and feedback my results.

8. monkey butler

monkey butler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Okay, just hpchecking my Activities:

HTPC >>Xbox - works!
    Xbox >> Sky - works!
    Sky >> Xbox. - works!
    Xbox >> BluRay. - works!
    BluRay >> Xbox. - xbox does not come on. Worked 2nd time
    Xbox >> all off. - works!
    All off >> Xbox. - xbox does not come on. Worked 2nd time.

These tests were all done from exactly the same position, and i did not move the Harmony, which had a clear line a site to all IR sensors.

Any suggestions as to tweaks just to iron out those final 2 glitches?