Logitech Harmony Ultimate

Anyone noticed a high pitched whine on the remote towards the bottom of it? Just noticed it in the last few weeks.

I hadn't noticed. But I just put my ear to it, and yes, mine whines too. I think it is only when the display is on.

Steve

I hadn't noticed. But I just put my ear to it, and yes, mine whines too. I think it is only when the display is on.

Steve
Yeah that's what I thought as well appears to just be when the screen is on. Everything still working perfectly though

Mine doesn't.

Mine does, but only in my left ear.....[emoji3]

No whining here.

Amazon sent me a replacement with little fuss. It's not even something that massively bothers me but i have the harmony since 2014 so i wasnt going to say now to a new one. I wonder is it a known issue - i emailed asking could i send it for repair next thing i know a replacement order had been set up :thumbsup:

Iirc, small displays like the touch screen will have high frequency circuits, and they can be responsible for the noise. Nothing to worry about, but yes, take the freebie.

Iirc, small displays like the touch screen will have high frequency circuits, and they can be responsible for the noise. Nothing to worry about, but yes, take the freebie.

I suppose it's not that is just makes noise (i would expect most electrical components to make some sort of noise) but this just started in the last few weeks so could be a symptom of something worse to come

Quick question... If I brought the ultimate with hub as a replacement to my Harmony touch would I be able to integrate with the Echo Dot or do I need to have the Elite?

Yeah just fine. A lot of people moaning about having to say 'Alexa, tell Harmony to..' But I don't have a problem with it although I have set up the Yonomi skill so that I can start activities by saying "Alexa, turn on.."
I find it quite responsive and the commands start taking effect before she's said "OK". It's not as quick as using the remote but in a house where the toddler hasn't quite grasped that the remote isn't a toy it's easier to tell Alexa to turn on activities, change volume etc without retrieving the remote from the highest shelf.

My Harmony's changed languages all of a sudden? How do I change back to English?

IMG_0529.JPG

First time I've seen it - let us know if you find out how it happened!

Hey, thanks. That worked. I wonder why it changed to German? I've had the TV on all day?
Yep very odd as to why it changed. Might be worth changing your harmony account password to a new nice secure one just in case someone hacked your account, swapped the language and then your remote sync' the change. But if someone did that you'd think they'd mess with much more than just the language. Still a wise precaution though.

Call me an dozy twonk as I have just realised after a year why my Harmony Ultimate was always stopping one short when cycling through the inputs on my Thor switch when first turned on but was fine thereafter: I had set the Power On delay for the switch down to the minimum allowed which meant it was missing the first Next Input command. Reset the delay (from 3 to 5 seconds) and it now works. :)

Question: Why can my Harmony Ultimate One select the right TV input on activity start up (eg EXT1, HDMI2, HDMI4 etc) but I can't add a select TV input command to an activity shutdown sequence(*)? The commands are listed when I look at the TV's device mode set up but not listed in the Activity Customisation drop-down menu for the TV.

(*) Rather than having to wait 14 seconds after turning on my TV before being it is able to select the correct TV input I thought I would try having an activity reset to the most commonly used TV input on activity shutdown. Most of my watching is done through an HDMI switch and only occasional use of the Bluray player, DVD player and Chromecast dongle connected to other TV inputs and if I have to set the input manually for those then that is no big deal. As a workaround I have now added Red Button Long Press to each activity to switch to the right TV input for that activity.

Last edited:
Well mines not crashed recently but decided to change itself from HDMI-1 to TV (Noticed when plugged into PC) when selecting satellite without anyone at home doing so and going through Amazon Alexa see's the voice command 'TV on' result in TV on and also the PlayStation 3 turning on????

Seeing annoying issue's with this not so cheap remote compared to the much cheaper and older Harmony One+ it's replacing.

All Harmonys work in the same way.
I can't work out what problem yours gives.:(

:(Seems very random to completely change the settings as this has never been an issue with the One+ in 6 years of use with the same and added equipment and still being used on other AV gear.
This has required countless re-boots and much head scratching, although tbh I still like it :p

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom