Logitech Harmony Touch - Part Two

mtenga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've now got the touch and hub working fine with a slim ps3 in the lounge.

I have a second superslim ps3 in another room in line of sight of the hub but about 15 feet away. When I tried to get this one working alone it seemed to pair but the controls would not work. Presumably because 15 feet is at the limit of the range.

I'd like to get both ps3s working with the touch, or even using the simple remote in the other room. Is this possible and does anyone else control two ps3s this way?

Now on my second Touch as the first had to go back for misbehaving. Anyway, having a slight problem with one of the Activities. The Play Playstation activity will switch on amp and tv – I've not included switching on Playstation in the set up because I can switch it on when I pick up the controller. The Touch will switch on both the tv and the amp but refuses to switch off the amp at the end of the activity. Ditto for Playing Xbox. The amp will only switch off from the HELP menu on the remote. I cannot see anywhere where I can fix this in the menus.

I have a Harmony One which I use in another room and find it so much easier to use. Apart from another One, which can be had at a price, what would be a suitable alternative to the Touchy?

At a guess it has a different command for Off from On and the wrong one is specified.
You can't beat the One.

I've got two Panny BD players, an older multiregion one and a newer 3D one.

As I've got two, I had to change the remote signal for the newer one off the default, so they didn't clash. I couldn't change the multiregion one because the region switching needs the default remote signal.

When I set up the newer one on my Touch, it controls the older one. Is there an easy way to get the Touch to use the second option of remote signals, or is it just a matter of getting it to learn each individual key command?

Really liking the Touch so far after a couple of days, but is there a way to lock it, so you don't accidentally switch something with the touch screen when you don't want to. Like last night when I was watching Sky and then the next minute, the DVD was on, because the dog had somehow manage to touch the screen and wake it up and then must have touched the "watch a DVD" activity :)

I assume the Touch has a gestures control page like the Ultimate? If so, then provided you don't use gestures, you could remove the command from each gesture. This is what I did for my wife, as she likes to select the gestures page to prevent accidental commands from the touchscreen.

Really liking the Touch so far after a couple of days, but is there a way to lock it, so you don't accidentally switch something with the touch screen when you don't want to. Like last night when I was watching Sky and then the next minute, the DVD was on, because the dog had somehow manage to touch the screen and wake it up and then must have touched the "watch a DVD" activity :)

The latest firmware for the Touch (the one that makes it behave like an Ultimate) has the screen lock. I updated my touch today just to try out this feature and it works.

Going by memory, but go to Settings/remote/lock. A long press of the Exit button unlocks it. You can lock it whilst in an activity or not in one.

I use a raspberry up using xbmc and I control that with an rf remote by medion

Is there anyway I can get my touch to control it / mimic it's existing remote ?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
No.
You shouldn't need it "in a device" anyway.:confused:

You shouldn't need it "in a device" anyway.:confused:

Yeah I don't really.

Does anyone know of a similar harmony controllable surge protected 10 way device that has 2 sockets permanently on? As it stands I'm daisy chaining strips and would prefer not to.

Question for those with the hub. I tried to teach the Harmony a command and it refused to learn it. In fact it wouldn't learn anything. So i moved the hub onto my desk next to the Harmony, instead of about six feet away, and it worked first time.

This surprised me since I assumed the remote would learn the command and then pass it onto the hub during syncing, not requiring the hub to be in close proximity. But for me the hub had to be right next when doing the learning.

Has anyone else had his?

Hey all,

Haven't written here for a good while. Still living in France and that's why I'd like some advice now. Our estate has recently got Fibre and as of today I am now the proud owner of a €35 connection capable of 284 Mb/s download and 45 Mb/s upload. The deal also comes with the usual TV package, which was never interesting under ADSL because it was so slow. Now it's superfast it means that perhaps we'll watch more French TV (particularly since the box supports multiple languages if they are there, so we can have English). I'm aware that not many people are in the same situation as us, but does anyone know if you can have more than one favourites set on the Touch, or even if I can add French TV channels to the one favourites set?

B

You can have only set of Favourites and of course they need to be on the same satellite.

Shame. The French TV ones aren't on satellite, but rather through the equivalent of Freeview. That's why I was hoping for one set through the Foxsat and one through the Orange DVR box.

B

Unfortunately only one set is available and that applies across the whole of the remote.

I hope this question hasn't been asked...I have had a Touch for about a week and very happy with it so far, but I was wondering if there is a way of saving a backup of your devices and activities on a computer rather than just on myharmony.com, it would be nice to know that you can refer back if you lose all your stuff.

Upgraded my Harmony Touch/Ultimate a few days ago as well as the Harmony App on my iPhone. Ever since my smart app keep scanning for the hub. I unplug it and it finds its again but ever time I go back to it later it keeps doing the same?

Remotes seem OK although I did have issues upgrading firmware but that seems fine so I'm guessing its the new iPhone app?

Anyone else suddenly getting this issue or could you test the app for me please :(

HELP !

Can anyone remind me how I go about ensuring devices are left on when changing activities or switching off the system ?

Change the Off command to be "none".

Needed to buy one of these (long story!) power down sockets EOn Surge Protected Energy Saver Power Down Socket w/TV Remote Sensor, 2 pieces value pack: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories to integrate with my system. Installed and worked a treat BUT in order to switch everything back on I have to now press "power on" twice. Once to put the TV out of standby and the second to fire the TV and all attached devices on.

OK so I can programme the sockets IR easily to respond to the Touch/Hub but is there any way of changing my activity to essentially start with 2X TV on or creating a clever workaround?

Hope that makes sense to someone!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
These devices take over control of power from the Harmony which needs to have all its Power commands set to "none".
You could have a separate Activity just to turn on and off the device.

Thought that would be the case. Looks like an activity it is then. Thanks

Had anyone got this to turn on new xbox one?
Also the long yellow button press isn't working on mine for the hue lights :-(

Also the long yellow button press isn't working on mine for the hue lights :-(

What is the yellow button press supposed to do? I just pressed it and nothing happened.

What is the yellow button press supposed to do? I just pressed it and nothing happened.
Turn hue on and off, if you press lamp and go to program it's in there.
ImageUploadedByAVForums1385668486.479624.jpg

Turn hue on and off, if you press lamp and go to program it's in there.

Just checked mine for you, Lamp icon works fine but Yellow long press not working for me either even though it is set as per pic.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom