Question Logitech Harmony sending repeat commands

Reaction score
I like to think I'm something of an experienced Harmony user, but I have a problem that is driving me nuts!

I am setting up a new remote (600) and have copied the settings over from another configuration using My Harmony.

However, some of the buttons are sending repeat commands.

The thing is, when I go into device settings and set Device Command Repeats to zero, it is still sending repeat commands.

I have tried teaching the commands again from the original remote, but with the same result.

Any suggestions?

Zero won't do it but something specific might.:)

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I have tried with all settings (0,1,2 etc) and all of them send repeats!

Then begin by reporting it to Logitech, and if necessary returning it to the supplier for replacement or refund.

Hi i know this is an old thread but did you get to the bottom of this?

I have the same problem but with the 300, an update from the myharmony software messed up all the learned commands and reteaching makes no difference.

I'm in the process of emailing logitech, i've sent and received too many emails so far and at this point in time i just feel like they're deliberately wasting my time, hoping that i'll give up and buy another remote :mad:

I've created a new thread on the subject: Question - Harmony 300/ 600/650 learned commands delay & repeat

Amazing you should ask this, I had this problem again this week with a new Humax receiver I just got.

Depending on the device you are having problems with, if it's one they have in their database, there may be different versions of that device. If you select your device in the software, click Device Settings, you will see at the bottom "Device version". It's worth checking - that's how I fixed the Humax issue.

In the past, Logitech have actually fixed problems for me by logging into my account. I think they have access to more settings than us users do.

Other times I've had success using codes from the Logitech library for a similar device from the same brand, rather than the actual model in question.

Good luck, I know how infuriating it is.

Amazing you should ask this, I had this problem again this week with a new Humax receiver I just got.

Depending on the device you are having problems with, if it's one they have in their database, there may be different versions of that device. If you select your device in the software, click Device Settings, you will see at the bottom "Device version". It's worth checking - that's how I fixed the Humax issue.

In the past, Logitech have actually fixed problems for me by logging into my account. I think they have access to more settings than us users do.

Other times I've had success using codes from the Logitech library for a similar device from the same brand, rather than the actual model in question.

Good luck, I know how infuriating it is.
Hi, it sounds like your issue is to do with their database (wrong commands being sent to your remote from logitech?)

The problem i have is that whenever i teach a command (no matter what device it is and no matter what device button i teach it to) the signal is always repeated which makes those learned buttons laggy and scrolling through menus or changing the volume's a nightmare :thumbsdow
Buttons that were sent to the remote from the myharmony software work fine though.

Thanks for the suggestion but there's no device settings option for the 300, the 300's a cheaper version so no screen, less options in myharmony and i can't create activities which means i have to use the learning feature if i want buttons from other devices to be set to one device button.

I'm glad you're not having this issue anymore though :), same issue but different causes
I hope you don't run into this problem again, i know how anoying it is :eek: and thanks for the tips they might come in handy if i buy a 665 which is basically the same as the 600

It seems as though logitech are ignoring my emails now.
The learning feature worked fine before they messed around with the myharmony software, oh well.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom