Logitech Harmony Remote Software

adam81

Hey All,
I've just bought a replacement 525 as the keys were becoming very sticky. Installed the software and was able to update the remote. However I have a new amp that I'd not added yet. On doing this I find I can't add devices. I choose it's AV receiver then it won't allow me to select manufacturer. Bizarrely it will allow me to add a CD jukebox all the way through the process, but very little other devices.

Also planning on a new projector soon. I've found on reddit multiple issues with windows 10 and people talking about compatibility versions. I'm currently trying to run it on a Windows 7 machine, and can only think I must have set it all up originally on a machine running 7. I've gone through everything I can still regardless but no avail.

Anyone having these issues with the Harmony Remote Software? The version I downloaded is 7.8.0.0. Does anyone have any older versions saved down I could try maybe?
Thanks

BaggieBoy

I've added a new TV and Sky Q recently without an issue. Will need to add a Denon AVR soon however.

Just tried adding the AVR (don't have it yet) and had no issues selecting the manufacturer, just can't seem to add the actual model number.

Edit: Worked the second time!

stephentw

Hey All,
I've just bought a replacement 525 as the keys were becoming very sticky. Installed the software and was able to update the remote. However I have a new amp that I'd not added yet. On doing this I find I can't add devices. I choose it's AV receiver then it won't allow me to select manufacturer. Bizarrely it will allow me to add a CD jukebox all the way through the process, but very little other devices.

Also planning on a new projector soon. I've found on reddit multiple issues with windows 10 and people talking about compatibility versions. I'm currently trying to run it on a Windows 7 machine, and can only think I must have set it all up originally on a machine running 7. I've gone through everything I can still regardless but no avail.

Anyone having these issues with the Harmony Remote Software? The version I downloaded is 7.8.0.0. Does anyone have any older versions saved down I could try maybe?
Thanks
I think I've discovered this bug now too, the issue seems to be that it takes quite a long while to load the manufacturers list for some reason. It does still work but when you click the drop down for manufacturer just wait and eventually it'll pop up.

bufeo

Novice Member
Hey,

Using Harmony Remote software 7.8.0.0 on Windows 10 and 11 I experienced the same problem: Add Device>Television>TV – returned an empty manufacturer list, i.e. stuck as cannot select a manufacturer for the TV. As Adam suggested when selecting 'Add Device>Music Player>CD Jukebox' I did quickly get a list of manufacturers including Sony. I was then able to specify the model of the TV ‘KDL-50W656A’. After clicking ‘Next’ the Device was recognised as a TV. I guess as long as your device is listed in the Logitech database correctly the device type should be picked up correctly. I experienced the same behaviour whether running the Remote software in Windows 7 compatibility mode or not.

Hope this helps, or at least saves you time waiting for a list of manufacturers.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom