1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech Harmony 885 - Porky Pies

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by hurstnicholas, Oct 18, 2005.

1. hurstnicholas

hurstnicholas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On Logitech's website, Logitech assure all would be 885 buyers who wish to operate a (NTL) Pace 2000 STB, that:
    1) "The Harmony remote can control most types of devices that come with an infrared remote control. However, there are some exceptions listed below:........ Pace cable boxes use an infrared protocol called IRDa. Only the 800 series of Harmony remotes can send these infrared commands".
    2) "The Logitech Harmony Remote supports thousands of devices from hundreds of manufacturers. Below is a partial list of manufacturers whose devices we support..... NTL.......Pace.....".
    Surprise surprise, but when I bought one for this specific reason and discussed the matter with Logitech Support, I was advised:
    "This device has not been tested with the Pace 2000 digital cable-box and hence may not work."
    I have just been robbed of c£150 and you have all been warned.

2. hurstnicholas

hurstnicholas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In case it was unclear from my posting: The Logitech HArmony 885 does NOT work with NTL Pace 2000 boxes!

3. Neil Fellows

Neil Fellows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Me thinks you have fair ground for a refund, then! The cheeky beggers.

4. Supersonic

Supersonic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Thanks for the heads up. I won't now be buying a Harmony 885. My search for a universal to replace my E-Pilot goes on...

5. richardbarman

richardbarman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You only need a red-eye remote and it'll be fine. I've used them a few times with coustomers (and my own set-up) who have NTL or Telewest boxes and then can use any remote I want.

http://www.redremote.co.uk/

Richard