Logitech Harmony 885 - Part Two

logiciel

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
i cant get my 885 red, green, yellow, blue buttons to map to B,A,Y,X for my xbox360. I also cannont map the Guide button to the Xbox Guide function. The only way i can control these is from the mappings on the buttons beside the lcd screen. any ideas?

If mapping is Customising, you only need to do that in Activities.
If the Device is part of the Activity its commands are available for Customising to the Activity buttons.

My volume+ button my remote control is not working correctly, it is sticking somtimes and requires a much harder press than the rest of the buttons. It is under 2 years old so under warranty. Does anybody know how I go about registering for repair or replacement?

There's a warranty link somewhere in the Harmony software.

My volume+ button my remote control is not working correctly, it is sticking somtimes and requires a much harder press than the rest of the buttons. It is under 2 years old so under warranty. Does anybody know how I go about registering for repair or replacement?

I've had similar issues with a couple of Harmony remotes in the past (555 and a One). I just used the contact support link in the troubleshoot to notify them of the problem.

Both times (after a couple of emails and an unnecessary update of the firmware in install mode) they took the PID no from the remote and my details and sent me a new one. They blocked the remotes for further updates but I still used them while waiting for the new one.

They do ask that you return the battery / cover / charger depending on the model.

Yes, you should find the same experience as monksy had - if you have any problems let us know. Logi

The clock on my 885 has never kept very good time, but recently it appears to be worse than ever; it runs around 30 minutes plus fast per month. Maybe it's always been as bad and I'm just noticing it more often as it's now the only clock I can see in the room when it's dark.

I reported it a couple of weeks ago to Logitech support who are looking into the problem. I'm not sure how they'll fix this other than by replacing the remote, but they appear to think they can by updating their web servers. :confused:

From Logitech Support:The fix for this will actually come not through a firmware update, but through an update to our web servers.

That makes no sense to me but let us know if you find any improvement from it.

Unfortunately the solution hasn't actually been implemented yet - the current status of the support enquiry is still classed as 'pending'.

I'll report back though...

anyone able to tell me where i can get the software for the 885? i've resurrected both my harmony (common charging problem, i gave up trying) and this thread. It's no longer on the Logitech site.

All Harmonys except the 300 use the same setup program and that is downloadable from the web site.

A Google search for "HDMI Switch" will find a range of them with IR control, which Harmonys will copy.

Last edited:
Yeah. thats brilliant, but doesnt really help with anyone recomending a switcer.
I went for the Octava and it works a dream.

Is there anything better out there at the moment then the Harmony 885? I am looking for an universal remote, but do not really know which one to choose..

I have the 885 and a 900. I'd say that the 900 is better in some respects, but only slightly.

If your 885 is OK, then personally I wouldn't bother upgrading. FWIW, I used both in separate rooms. I never think the 885 is inferior, it's just slightly different.

I couldn't really imagine any remote being that much better than either of them.

The One is more recent than the 885 but if you're satisfied with that there's no point in changing.
The 900 is quite different, with its IR/RF/IR Extender, and a lot more expensive.

If I were to purchase the 885 would I have any issues with the Wife refusing to use it as she's dead set on using the SKY remote for controlling the TV and Sky.
For example I am sure the 885 remembers whats switched on.

They all remember, but why go for such an old model?

If I were to purchase the 885 would I have any issues with the Wife refusing to use it as she's dead set on using the SKY remote for controlling the TV and Sky...

I still have the 885 and it's a great remote. I also have the 900 which, IMO, isn't really any better than the 885 - although many people seem to think it is.

Just tell the Wife that Harmony remotes have a 'Help' button which can usually sort things out if the system should occasionally go out of sync. My Mrs uses both remotes and doesn't (generally!) have any problems. :)

OK - 4 used ones right now - but that IS a good reason, and it's not a bad model, though the One has just dropped a lot in price.
The 900 looks like a One but is a very different beast.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom