• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Logitech Harmony 885 charging problems

gers1978

My 885 doesn't seem to sense when it's on the cradle, at least most of the time. Wiggling it about seems to have no effect, I have to remove it & replace it numerous times, then seemingly randomly one time it'll connect and start charging.

I read other forums that said a lot of people had this issue, and Logitech were producing a new batch of base stations, but they're all from around 2005 - I bought mine brand new in December 2008!! I can't believe the new ones still come with duff base stations.

Any ideas?

TorchMT360

just bought one 2nd hand (for £40!!!!) and thought that the battery was duff but i found that i needed to drop it into the charger and then pull back slightly in order for it to charge
there is some info on here about modifying the charging base so as to get the contacts sitting higher up which is what the main issue seems to be

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom