Logitech Harmony 885 and Daewoo DVD player

AntwanS

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello people :hiya: ,

My first post here.

:lease:
I have a question about setting up the Harmony 885 from Logitech. I cannot use it to control my Daewoo DVD player (model: 700s). If I let it learn commando's via the infrared port, it says it accepted the codes but the DVD player does not respond to it. Anybody also problems with setting up this config?

Thanks in advance for any reply!

Is it learning the codes first time? I had a problem with it asking me to learn the code for a second time as it did not read it correctly - but even if there was an error the second time it did not tell you. I had to position the remotes in a suitable position. I found that holding my hand over the ir sensors while learning helped, and it worked first time.

This problem was just with an Echostar satellite reciever remote

Try re-learning the codes in RAW format. Go to Support > FAQs > Troubleshooting & there's a link telling you how. Seemed to work on a few codes I tried from my Viera that a 655 wouldn't learn in standard mode. Couldn't be arsed to teach it everything though so Ebayed it.

Hi

Just a long shot but you are testing it in a 'watch DVD' mode arn't you. If you are in a mode e.g. 'watch TV' that does not include the DVD player then the commands will not work.

Richard

Richard46 said:
Hi

Just a long shot but you are testing it in a 'watch DVD' mode arn't you. If you are in a mode e.g. 'watch TV' that does not include the DVD player then the commands will not work.

Richard

Yep, make sure the DVD player is included in the activity for "WATCH A DVD".
I know it sounds simple, but it can be easily missed in the sheer excitement (and eventual frustration) at trying to get it all done quickly!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom