1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech Harmony 885 and Daewoo DVD player

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by AntwanS, Sep 30, 2005.

1. AntwanS

AntwanS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello people :hiya: ,

My first post here.

:lease:
    I have a question about setting up the Harmony 885 from Logitech. I cannot use it to control my Daewoo DVD player (model: 700s). If I let it learn commando's via the infrared port, it says it accepted the codes but the DVD player does not respond to it. Anybody also problems with setting up this config?

Thanks in advance for any reply!

2. scumball

scumball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +440
    Ring Harmony Customer Services they are excellent and will sort it out no problems...

3. ian watson

ian watson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it learning the codes first time? I had a problem with it asking me to learn the code for a second time as it did not read it correctly - but even if there was an error the second time it did not tell you. I had to position the remotes in a suitable position. I found that holding my hand over the ir sensors while learning helped, and it worked first time.

This problem was just with an Echostar satellite reciever remote

4. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,858
    Try re-learning the codes in RAW format. Go to Support > FAQs > Troubleshooting & there's a link telling you how. Seemed to work on a few codes I tried from my Viera that a 655 wouldn't learn in standard mode. Couldn't be arsed to teach it everything though so Ebayed it.

5. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Hi

Just a long shot but you are testing it in a 'watch DVD' mode arn't you. If you are in a mode e.g. 'watch TV' that does not include the DVD player then the commands will not work.

Richard

6. Xstyle

Xstyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Yep, make sure the DVD player is included in the activity for "WATCH A DVD".
    I know it sounds simple, but it can be easily missed in the sheer excitement (and eventual frustration) at trying to get it all done quickly!