Logitech Harmony 555 - '1' button isn't working

blizeH

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a problem with my Harmony 555, whereby when I press the button '1' nothing happens. Very occasionally if I push it /very/ hard, it will work, but now it seems to just do '4' when I do that.

Is there anyway of fixing/cleaning the connection or something? I've tried compressed air with no joy :(

Thanks

Quick bump, any ideas on how to fix this please? If it's even possible? Ty

I don't think you're going to get into the case to fix it, so the thing to do is to report it to Logitech support.

Thanks logi, I think it's over a year old now (just! even though I only unboxed it 8 months ago) so not sure I can do that. I may sell it (and clearly explain the problem) and get another, since I don't like the idea of taking it apart, with my 'skills' it'd never go back together again!

That makes no difference - you have customer protection legislation, and Logitech are usually quite generous about these things anyway.
I'd certainly never try to get into any of mine. :)

Last edited:
Ah! thank you logi - I shall contact them and see what they say then. I'm actually looking at the current range of Logitechs and in terms of functionality and design the 555 is perfect for me. For example I don't like the new Harmony look at all, and I especially don't know the fact they have a charging dock (clutter much?) - I'd much prefer throwing in a couple of Eneloops and they last for 4 months anyway.

Contacting them now, anyway :)

Logitech may consider it less than a year old if you only connected it 8 months ago - try Logitech support - they are normally pretty helpful.

Ah! thank you logi - I shall contact them and see what they say then. I'm actually looking at the current range of Logitechs and in terms of functionality and design the 555 is perfect for me. For example I don't like the new Harmony look at all, and I especially don't know the fact they have a charging dock (clutter much?) - I'd much prefer throwing in a couple of Eneloops and they last for 4 months anyway.

Contacting them now anyway :) Thanks again

God damn, there's no email or contact form, will need to contact them later when I get home. Fingers crossed though. I don't think my registration date will have any impact by the way, since I ordered it directly from the Logitech store!

Yup, many thanks - going to give them a call later :)

I'm actually curious as to how this pans out. Judging by the Harmony range there's nothing I'd like more than a 555. I actually have another (still sealed) that I was going to sell or give to a friend, but I may actually keep it in it's packaging ready for when this one is well and truly broke and no longer under any sort of warranty. Maybe.

The contact form for reporting problems of any kind is at the end of the general Troubleshoot.
As I said, eight months, a year, don't matter - customer protection law gives you much better than that, and Logitech are good anyway.

Okay, you guys were right - I called Logitech last night and the support was fantastic! We tried a few things over the phone, but they're sending out a new remote shortly. They also told me not to worry about the old remote as they're going to put a block in place, or something. Which maybe seems a bit wasteful, I'd almost prefer to send it back to them for them to fix up for someone else! But hey, if that's their policy I'm not complaining.

Again, very impressed by Logitech's support.

You will probably get a few quid on eBay for your old remote - someone may use it for spare parts - e.g. the screen or individual buttons.

Thanks, I'm actually tempted to use it as a backup, it'll still do a lot of what I need ie get into the Sky TV guide, load up my HTPC, Xbox etc

Heh, just had a reply from Logitech saying the remote is out of warranty so they can't do anything about it - which directly conflicts with what the previous guy said on the phone. Sigh!

That's not on - I'd get a strong e-mail back insisting they kept to their original agreement.

Have done, thanks logi - if it's out of warranty then fair enough, but it'd be a real shame if it expired in the week it took for them to reply to my query!

To be honest I feel bad sending something back because a single button has stopped working, but unless I re-do all of the Sky channels (if that's even possible?) then it is quite annoying :(

I don't take too much notice of warranties - customer protection legislation is more important - and in this case you have the point that they must keep to their original arrangement.
In the meantime why not just Customise the 1 command to another button - and what did you mean about the Sky channels?

If I were you, I'd phone them up again. My 555 had a problem last week with two buttons and I called them up. They were not able to find any details for me at all and suggested I raise the issue via email.

After not hearing from them for two days I called them up again with the support reference number. They were then able to check exactly when I activated the remote and sort out a replacement with a One+ as the 555 is discontinued. I asked them to confirm via email and I got this a few hours later.

During my first call I was told that as I hadn't created a support issue and got a ticket number or logged into the support section of the logitech site there was no way to find any details for me. I find that hard to believe, but the second person I talked to was able to locate my details and read back all my details (address, contact number, date remote was activated).

Also your remote has a 2 year warranty - not 1 year. If they replace it, you'll get another 2 years :)

Every purchase in the UK is covered by customer protection legislation for at least two years and in many cases well beyond that.
Makers' warranties have little additional significance.

God damn, remapping the 1 button is such a simple idea, I have no idea why I didn't think of that before, thanks Logi!

But you guys were right, I just recieved an email to apologise for the previous email, and they said it is still under warranty - I get another 2 years on top of that too you say? That is really great news, although now I've realised I could remap it so easily I feel a bit silly, and wasteful :(

That's OK, and on the customer protection it's more complicated than just dates so you often have it for much more than two years.

Okay, so over a month on and I have a reply!

I apologize for the inconvenience that you’re having with your Harmony remote. We're happy to inform you that we can process the replacement for your remote. However, Harmony 555 is no longer available. We wanted to confirm if you will aggree that we will replace your remote with Harmony 600.
This only replaces 5 devices - I have a TV, HTPC, Sky HD, PS3, Xbox, Apple TV, Onkyo etc so I'm pretty much screwed ;_;

Why?
They asked you to confirm that you agree - tell them that you don't.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom