Logitech Harmony 1100???

Plumrico

Standard Member
Looking to get a universal remote for my front room system which entails:

Samsung TV
Virgin Media V6 box
Denon AVR 3805 Amplifier

I used to own a Logitech Harmony 1100 and although it took some setting up it was good but not sure if it will still work with the Virgin box?

The TV and Amp are both of a certain age so should be fine.

..... Or can someone suggest an alternative?

Harmony Elite gets all the reviews but boy it's expensive

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
Harmony Elite gets all the reviews but boy it's expensive

It's also a discontinued product as is all the Harmony line. I'm not sure if I'd be prepared to buy something in the hope Logitech keep it all up and running as you currently need to access their servers to program it with new devices.

There are some alternatives due out in the New Year from the likes of Sofabaton, but we don't yet know how good or bad they are.

Plumrico

Standard Member
I'll keep an eye out for them.

My kit is old but good so need IR and I like a nice touchscreen

logiciel

Yes, there’s no point in starting with a Harmony now that they’re discontinued.
There are plenty of alternatives but not many with touch screens.
Sofabaton’s screen will be very limited.
There‘s an expensive one called something like Yio coming out some time in the new year with a touch screen.
Neeo is excellent but hard to find in UK.

Richardxx

I am expecting arrival of the new Sofabaton (the X1) sometime this or next month via Kickstarter, fingers crossed I will post some kind of review when/if it ever arrives.
I already have the old Sofabaton U1. It is nothing like as sophisticated as a Hamony but it is OK for simpler set ups.

logiciel

It doesn’t have a screen but is sophisticated enough otherwise.
We should have had the new one sooner but do save me the job of a review!

Richardxx

If you mean the Sofabaton it has a screen just not a touch screen. It has, or will have, a scrool wheel that can be pressed to select the command or macro selected on the screen as well as some basic hard buttons.

logiciel

Both Sofabatons - ridiculous name - show only the names of activities on their so-called screens!
The new one is a considerable improvement in many ways but is an awful long time coming.

Richardxx

Both Sofabatons - ridiculous name - show only the names of activities on their so-called screens!
The new one is a considerable improvement in many ways but is an awful long time coming.
The U1 screen only shows the name of the Activity but the X1 is quite different. It shows commands which can be activated by rolling and pressing the scroll wheel.

see at 6.30

Last edited:

logiciel

Correct but Activities should take care of most needs.
We’re now at the end of December but still nothing.

Richardxx

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom