Quantcast

Logitech G7 Laser Mouse Review

I just picked this mouse up, cost £80 from Micro Anvika, or £60 from savastore.com, it's basically a wireless laser mouse designed for gamers, think of it as an update to the MX1000, it has a max resoltuion of 2000DPI, and there is an on the fly switch button on the mouse so you can switch between three modes, accurate, normal and gaming, the mouse feels good, and it has improved feet, that glide over most surfaces, not like them crappy ones that wear down as time goes by, best thing about it is that it uses rechargable battery packs, you get 2 with the mouse, and the reciever acts as a charging station, yes it charges over USB, so one led for everything, you simply eject the batter pack from the bottom of the mouse, and plug it into the charging station and it will charge under 2 hours, of course since you get two battery packs, you will never run out of power as one will always be working in the mouse while the other is on charge, also note the range of the mouse is very good, and I get no interference at all, I have a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse combo, and replaced the previous mouse with this, although the keyboard reciever is outputting a signal for the old mouse there is no interference, like I use to get when I tried using a previous logitech mouse...anyway it's a great mouse, when not in use you can switch it off from the back, also it has a battery level indicator on the mouse as well as a back button and a 4 way scroll wheel, if your motherboard can output standy power to your usb ports, then the battery pack will charge in the dock if your computer is off, anyway it's expensive piece of it but it's my best investment yet...

Key Features:

-Comfortable
-Smooth Gliding Mouse Feet
-Only the Fly switching between 3 resolutions
-Battey level/resolution mode indicator
-4 way scroll wheel
-Back button
-Long Range
-On/Off button on mouse
-Suffers no interference from other 2.4ghz equipment
-Takes rechargable battery packs "supplied with 2"
-Reciever doubles as Charging station "charges over USB"

K

kmhtkmhtkmht

I heard that mouse is the best - I am looking to update to it to - I don't like Wireless though... I am more looking at the G5 with the weights and stuff.

Thekop

Novice Member
I seriously recommend the "Razer Copperhead" Mouse for on-line gaming. :thumbsup:

It's just has good as the the G7 but cheaper for around £49 and it's much better looking :smoke:

Specifications
2000 dpi laser engine powered by Razer Precision(TM)
1000Hz Ultrapolling with 1 ms response time
32kB onboard memory powered by Razer Synapse(TM)
Seven independently programmable buttons optimised with Razer's Hyperresponse(TM) technology for ultra tactile button feedback
Up to three customisable weights and optional dummy buttons
Zero acoustic Ultraslick(TM) Teflon feet
16 bit data path
High speed motion detection
Up to45ips and 20G (over 7000 frames per second)
Always On(TM) mode pioneered by Razer for instantaneous response at all times
Award winning Razer(TM) driver featuring On-The-Fly Sensitivity(TM) dpi adjustment pioneered by Razer
Glowpipe(TM) non-slip side rails
Ergonomic ambidextrous design
Ultra large non-slip rubber coated mouse buttons
7ft lightweight non-tangle cable

Thekop

Novice Member
meansizzler said:
But it's not wireless?
Sorry i was recommended it too kmhtkmhtkmht, my apologise :smashin:

Thekop

Novice Member
No worries.

The problem with cordless mouse's is the battery life or charge. It's ok if you're a casual user but an absolute nightmare if you're a serious gamer. I'm a bit over the moon with the Razer and i felt it had to be recommend somewhere on this forum :thumbsup: :D

Thekop said:
No worries.

The problem with cordless mouse's is the battery life or charge. It's ok if you're a casual user but an absolute nightmare if you're a serious gamer. I'm a bit over the moon with the Razer and i felt it had to be recommend somewhere on this forum :thumbsup: :D
My G7 lasts about a day, but the mouse has an indicator when it's low, and to change the batter back, simply eject it from the bottom eject the charged one from the USB Reciever/charger dock and simply swap them. takes 10 seconds...pretty quick and neat, and yes you get to lithium charger pack with it...not bad for oyur money's worth....and no seperate AC adapter needed, USB charge...that's what I like about the G7, it literally has no faults...

HMHB

Distinguished Member
The G7 has been getting rave reviews so far, I think I might get one of these to replace my MX700 which has been brilliant over the years.

K

kmhtkmhtkmht

The G5 have been getting better reviews...

I'll prolly end up getting the G5 cause that has better reviews than the Copper and in head to head comparisons, they liked the G5 more.

Top Bottom