Logitech G25

Grrrrr.

Well, I've cancelled and will order elsewhere at a bit more cost. I'd rather have the wheel from somewhere that is honest about the stock, and can deliver quickly, than a 'maybe'.

Last edited:
I ordered mine Friday morning and received an email saying its been dispatched today, so fingers crossed i'll get it this week:rolleyes:

Its a disgrace that Play let people order knowing full well that they didnt have enough stock. When they done this offer a couple of months back the stock went rapidly too so its not like they didnt know it was going to happen:thumbsdow

Mine arrived today (and hopefully the WSP will as well) so I'm looking forward to tonight.

I paid £35 more (overclockers) for a reliable, no-nonsense service - they've always been excellent for me - after play.com screwed up, and I'll stick to just using play.com for cheap games on occasion.

Now I just have to find a way to get the relatives off playtv :rolleyes:

Yep Play.com shafted me also. Rang them today and they said they're awaiting stock. I can leave my order open, but there not expecting stock for at least 28 days. :mad:

Just got an email from Play to say that my G25 has been posted.... I ordered on Friday 28th and it's been stuck on 'Order Taken' since then.

I was pretty fearful that the order wouldn't be fulfilled and I'd have to pay a fair bit extra elsewhere but it appears they got more stock in after all. They could have handled the whole situation a lot better though by updating people on what was going on.

Here's hoping I get it in time for the weekend :)

Ditto, am very pleased. Was almost about ready to cancel as well lol glad i didn't :thumbsup:

Ditto, am very pleased. Was almost about ready to cancel as well lol glad i didn't :thumbsup:

£99 delivered (a quid off, if with Quidco) for a quality piece of kit like this is an absolute steal. But they really messed up by putting so many orders on 'order taken' status without some sort of explanation that they would get stock soon.

I just wonder if Logitech haven't shot themselves in the foot with this one as regards selling the G27 as so many people are going to have a new G25.

Just got an email from Play to say that my G25 has been posted.... I ordered on Friday 28th and it's been stuck on 'Order Taken' since then.

I was pretty fearful that the order wouldn't be fulfilled and I'd have to pay a fair bit extra elsewhere but it appears they got more stock in after all. They could have handled the whole situation a lot better though by updating people on what was going on.

Here's hoping I get it in time for the weekend :)

i ordered mine on the 28th, and i've had it for about a week!!!
must of got one of the last few they had in stock!

Just got the wheel - first impressions, very impressed with the construction. Won't really have a chance to get it all set up on the Wheelstand Pro until tomorrow though.

I think this was very likely some sort of 'special order from Logitech' promotion as even the packing carton was Logitech branded - Play usually have their own packing materials.

Can't wait to try out GT5p. Too bad my PC isn't really up to playing modern games. Still, I'm planning on building a new one shortly which will feature a 3x 19" display.

Just got the wheel - first impressions, very impressed with the construction. Won't really have a chance to get it all set up on the Wheelstand Pro until tomorrow though.

I think this was very likely some sort of 'special order from Logitech' promotion as even the packing carton was Logitech branded - Play usually have their own packing materials.

Can't wait to try out GT5p. Too bad my PC isn't really up to playing modern games. Still, I'm planning on building a new one shortly which will feature a 3x 19" display.

Nice going you will love it, mine is setup too (see sig for pic) , although im not too impressed with GT5P so far tho only played an hour or less, feedback not that good hopefully full version will be better when has full support/more tweaks.
Yeah get upgrading, rFactor and Live For Speed are astonishing wish the wheel. :smashin:

Nice going you will love it, mine is setup too (see sig for pic) , although im not too impressed with GT5P so far tho only played an hour or less, feedback not that good hopefully full version will be better when has full support/more tweaks.
Yeah get upgrading, rFactor and Live For Speed are astonishing wish the wheel. :smashin:

Have been playing with the G25 & Wheelstand Pro all evening - Fantastic! :smashin:

I was actually quite impressed with the ffb from GT5p ... but the biggest thing of all was the feel of real driving. It completely transforms the game - it had been sitting unplayed for months but I can now see it being my most played title.

Now - to get a move on with building a new PC.

Have been playing with the G25 & Wheelstand Pro all evening - Fantastic! :smashin:

I was actually quite impressed with the ffb from GT5p ... but the biggest thing of all was the feel of real driving. It completely transforms the game - it had been sitting unplayed for months but I can now see it being my most played title.

Now - to get a move on with building a new PC.

Nice yeah get building, if u think GT5P feels good then wait till u feel what Live For Speed is like :eek: A must try.
Amazing wheel the G25 just gutted i missed out for so long as only had it a week :)

Last edited:
Wow - this is a whole new driving experience. Was giving GT5p a bit of a blast last night and the level of immersion with the wheel is amazing. So much better than a joypad.

You can really feel the different handling characteristics of the cars - going from RWD to FWD cars reveals a massive difference on the first corner you hit at speed.

Plus of course the wheel gives you much better control over cornering as do the pedals allowing you to easily vary throttle and brake pressure ... much more so than a pad which is more on/off in nature.

got this and mounted on the wheelstandpro. playing NFS Shift and GT5P, but the feedback is killing my neck and shoulders. Maybe I'm too tense.

Anyone else get this?

got this and mounted on the wheelstandpro. playing NFS Shift and GT5P, but the feedback is killing my neck and shoulders. Maybe I'm too tense.

Anyone else get this?

funny you should mention that.. My neck and shoulders are stiff today and I have to assume that its got a lot to do with Dirt 2 and the G25.

I have a G25 question.. How 'central' are peoples wheels? When it calibrates itself at startup, if you watch the outside 'rim' of the wheel, mine wobbles around like a clowns push-bike.. Is this the same for everyone?

Jon

funny you should mention that.. My neck and shoulders are stiff today and I have to assume that its got a lot to do with Dirt 2 and the G25.

I have a G25 question.. How 'central' are peoples wheels? When it calibrates itself at startup, if you watch the outside 'rim' of the wheel, mine wobbles around like a clowns push-bike.. Is this the same for everyone?

Jon

This is also a question i would like answered mostly for GTP, even if i set the feedback to 1 its really strong, unlike NFS Shift were i can sofen it so its not so hard. Is there anyway/settings i need to use on GTP? Just to make it less.....forcey? lol

This is also a question i would like answered mostly for GTP, even if i set the feedback to 1 its really strong, unlike NFS Shift were i can sofen it so its not so hard. Is there anyway/settings i need to use on GTP? Just to make it less.....forcey? lol

Try turning the Power Assisted setting On, that normally makes it a bit softer/easier.

Nice 1, will try, i was playing again before and tbh, i have got used to it :) might leave it thr same.

1 more thing, CLUTCH! dam thing i cant get it to work, i heard i need to press what would be triangle on the shifter pad during the rolling start scene? When i do the clutch still doesnt work so i have automatic cluch all the time, any help? Oh and the panel gear? how do i get them on after having the shifter on?

cheers. :clap:

Nice 1, will try, i was playing again before and tbh, i have got used to it :) might leave it thr same.

1 more thing, CLUTCH! dam thing i cant get it to work, i heard i need to press what would be triangle on the shifter pad during the rolling start scene? When i do the clutch still doesnt work so i have automatic cluch all the time, any help? Oh and the panel gear? how do i get them on after having the shifter on?

I think you just have to change the gear stick from normal gearbox to sequential shift via the little round switch. Then it will just work normally.

press the tringle after the rolling start scene (when it says go and you have control over the car), to be honest you can even do it during a race. And remember not all the cars in GT5P have clutch support, some works only with paddle shift

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I would personally go for the WSP over that one on ebay. I tried mine for the first time last night and its excellent and feels very solid. I'd also be a bit worried about the back of that frame digging into my carpets. IMO of course.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom