Logitech G25 + Sofa

Mazrus

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I've just bought a G25 and set it up last night, but the contraption I'm securing the wheel to isn't the most sturdy. Unfortunately there's no room to put a race seat, so I have to sit on the sofa.

Does anyone know of some sort of frame that allows you to mount a wheel (and the gearbox if possible) to it without the seat part?

Otherwise I'll be back in the garage with a saw and some wood... :rotfl:

Just bought my Wheelstandpro last night, they make a version specifically for the G25.

£99 shipped might seem excessive but, i can see me using it a hell of a lot, plus makes it easier to move from downstairs lounge, for PS3, to upstairs bedroom for use with PC.

R4z

I also have a wheelstandpro and it is great for that type of use. I have moved onto a Racing Seat but I`m keeping the WS pro for 360 wheel use for the moment.

Just a note Fanatec make a very similar stand for similar money - it has a few different features too which I like ie a flat base for the pedals and a pedal "stopper". People who have it seem to rate it too.

Edit - an old ironing board worked as a surprisingly stable option for the wheel - kept it clamped to it too so it just folded away. A good cheap alternative :)

Cheers

Last edited:
I bought a cheap B and Q workbench (around £15), works great for me, easy to fold and store away :)

Theres a whole thread devoted to this, with particular reference to the "wheel Stand Pro". Which I intend to get when I have a quiet financial month.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3/679799-steering-wheel-mount-not-seat.html

I noticed this after making my post. :suicide:

I wonder if the WSP is better, or the Fanatec one?

The Fanatec one looks more stable to me, but if I'm reading their site correctly, the additional part for the G25 shifter is ridiculously expensive.

Either way, £99 for either of them is pretty darn steep. If only there were another option. I'll keep my eye out. I never used my MS racewheel much, but that was probably a.) because I didn't use it enough to get used to it, and b.) because once I put it away it stayed away in the cupboard. Hopefully a quick folding race stand like the WSP or Fanatec would alleviate this by allowing me to keep the wheel close to the sofa and already mostly set-up.

Hmm...

I bought a cheap B and Q workbench (around £15), works great for me, easy to fold and store away :)

Do you have any piccies? The old workbenches I'm thinking of would be a bit bulky and difficult to use with the wheel. Thanks for the suggestion!

Do you have any piccies? The old workbenches I'm thinking of would be a bit bulky and difficult to use with the wheel. Thanks for the suggestion!

Sorry don't have any photos (up loft just now lol space for new baby needed) hope this link gives you the idea. I didn't put the bottom horizontal bar on the legs so the pedals are easier to use, go for the tilt option so you can adjust the wheel angle :thumbsup:

6-In-1 Workbench - Screwfix.com, Where the Trade Buys

ironing_board.jpg

I only have a Logitech Driving Force GT so i don't know if the G25 has different mountings, i would presume not!
It sounds silly, but

• You probably already have one in the house
  • Fully height adjustable
  • Cheap
  • Can be used as table for all your other stuff remote, PS3 controller or phone etc

I'll try and post pics tomorrow of it! :rotfl::rotfl:

If you are wanting to play driving games with a G25 then I presume you take your driving games seriously and want to maximise the experience.

The wheel stand pro is the sensible option, yes it is expensive but it sorts all problems.

Just buy it and enjoy it, I doubt if you will regret it. :thumbsup:

ironing_board.jpg

I only have a Logitech Driving Force GT so i don't know if the G25 has different mountings, i would presume not!
It sounds silly, but

• You probably already have one in the house
  • Fully height adjustable
  • Cheap
  • Can be used as table for all your other stuff remote, PS3 controller or phone etc

I'll try and post pics tomorrow of it! :rotfl::rotfl:

I absoutly LOVE this idea!! My friend has bought a Logitech Driving force wheel after he played on my G25. I have just checked with the Wife and she is happy for me to use the ironing board (it dont get used otherwise (but dont tell her i said that!! :D)). If all works, im thinking of getting a wheelman pro for my wheel as it will be used a hell of a lot more then my mate who visits every couple of weeks - he gets the ironing board :suicide:

I absoutly LOVE this idea!! My friend has bought a Logitech Driving force wheel after he played on my G25. I have just checked with the Wife and she is happy for me to use the ironing board (it dont get used otherwise (but dont tell her i said that!! :D)). If all works, im thinking of getting a wheelman pro for my wheel as it will be used a hell of a lot more then my mate who visits every couple of weeks - he gets the ironing board :suicide:

been using the iron board since the days of gran turismo 2

nothing does a better job

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom