Logitech Dock Query

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by shep1968, Jan 11, 2008.

1. shep1968

shep1968
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I want to buy the Logiteck Pure fi anywhere dock for my wife and have a query that apple and logitech cant answer. We have the 3G nano and on the logitech website it states that the tray that the ipod comes in must act as an adapter. This tracy is quite flimsy and i suspect that it wont last too long if it is used for this purpose. Logitech don't sell a separate adaptor for it and the only thing i can find on the apple website shop is the universal dock adapters. I have bought some of these but they look nothing like the tray and are too wide to hold the ipod up in it. I cant find a local shop that sells the pure fi so i cant take them along to test. Does anybody know if the universal dock is the correct adapter to use in the logitech please.

2. shep1968

shep1968
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Does anybody who has one of these know the answer?:lease:

3. simon100

simon100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    The tray that comes with the iPod is designed to fit into a universally sized cut out on the docking station. This allows for a range of iPods to use the same accessory.
    Therfore the fact that the tray is flimsy is not a problem. The iPod just sits in it and is held by the universal connector.