Logitech Cordless Vantage for PS3 gaming?

GizmoTheMogwai

Established Member
Reaction score
As the Official PS3 headset seems to be incredibly rare/non-existant, I was wondering if this headset has good sound quality and is comfortable? It has a 12 hour battery life which is better then the official one and all the Logitech headsets I have bought in the past were top-notch.

Anyone who owns this and uses it with a PS3 please leave feedback :hiya:

I own it, bought it a few weeks back, haven't used it yet... looks nice is all I can say! I know, not very helpful am I. :(

I own it, bought it a few weeks back, haven't used it yet... looks nice is all I can say! I know, not very helpful am I. :(

You mind putting it on your head? How comfortable is it?

Got it on my head now. It is comfortable enough, but you can't adjust the headband, only the earpiece which can in fact turn 360 degrees. Seems decent enough.

What buttons does it have, does it have a mute button or anything?

No, all I can see on the earpiece is a volume button which seems kinda 'plasticky' and a port for usb connection. Haven't turned it on yet though, must need charging.

So could I use it as a PC mic connecting via USB?

This mic has really good reviews on Amazon... and a reported 14 hour battery life... would the sound quality be as good as the Xbox 360 mic?? I would assume as the 360 mic is quite cheap and this is quite a pricy product that this would have better sound?

I have ordered the wired Vantage headset. I think that does have a volume and mute vunction on it. It hasnt arrived yet though so I cant tell you much about it.

I saw the wireless one but a) I didnt want to have another rechargeable item and b) it was a bit more than i was willing to spend.

I sit right in front of the PS3 anyway so it being wired isnt a problem for me.

I ordered myself a Logitech Cordless Vantage off Ebay for £30 brand new today, I read all the reviews and it seems to tick the boxes for all the things a headset needs.

Has great sound quality.
Has better battery life then the official one (12 hours).
Automatically pairs to PS3 every time.
Has a mute button.

And knowing Logitech, they have BRILLIANT customer service and their products are built brilliantly.

I don't really want to go to extreme lengths to get a Official one, or import it, so this seems like a good alternative option. And from what I have heard, anything is better then the Giotek one :D

I'm pretty excited, the PS3 and headset should be coming tommorow, weather permitting... :p

I'm pretty excited, the PS3 and headset should be coming tommorow, weather permitting... :p
How are you finding the Logitech Vantage Bluetooth headset?

I've ordered the USB wired version myself, just waiting for Play to get some stock in for it, I've got KillZone 2 on pre-order and i'm game (excuse the pun) for general play/clan but I must warn you I'm still kinda a noob when it comes to FPS, I'm better at RTS on the PC, still I should be a laugh for anyone who wants a quick frag, heh. :)

My PSN: SG-15

How are you finding the Logitech Vantage Bluetooth headset?

I've ordered the USB wired version myself, just waiting for Play to get some stock in for it, I've got KillZone 2 on pre-order and i'm game (excuse the pun) for general play/clan but I must warn you I'm still kinda a noob when it comes to FPS, I'm better at RTS on the PC, still I should be a laugh for anyone who wants a quick frag, heh. :)

My PSN: SG-15

It's a great headset, as far as I can see, the sound quality is as good as the official one.

How is it for comfort?

I've had it on for a few hours and it hasn't caused me any pain, just sometimes it slips off a bit, but it's very minor.

I'm going to order one of these now, I've been desperate for a headset rather than an earclip.

One question, does it take long to align with the PS3?

Oh, and wheres the cheapest place to get one?

I'm going to order one of these now, I've been desperate for a headset rather than an earclip.

One question, does it take long to align with the PS3?

Oh, and wheres the cheapest place to get one?

You hold down the power button for 10 seconds to turn on, it pairs automatically once it is paired, even if in-game.

I got my headset from here
NEW Logitech PS3 BLUETOOTH Cordless VANTAGE Headset UK on eBay, also, Universal, Bluetooth Accessories, Mobile Home Phones (end time 18-Feb-09 21:16:20 GMT)

Fast delivery and good seller.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom