Logitech 5-button GH/RB Wireless Guitar Controller

Tufty McTavish

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Over in the New Hardware 2010 release dates thread I mentioned that, "A friend also pointed out that you can get a pair of these Logitech guitars for £180 and they look nice too! 5-button controllers only though."

Really not sure if anybody cares about these nowdays. They're not new news, especially not with the Mustang and Squire RB controllers, but they're new to me as I hadn't paid them too much attention back when they were released. But here they are, and here's a link to the Logitech page in case anybody happens to be interested.

LogitechGHGuitar.png

My friend brought one of the pair over for me to try on Saturday. I was so delighted with it that I said if he wanted to split the cost, I'd be up for taking the spare off him if he didn't want both. He accepted. I collected my own boxed Logitech this evening.

Some quick impressions as I only played his for a few songs and just checked mine worked okay tonight.
  • This thing is hefty!! You won't want to go swinging this around. I normally slide my guitar down behind my back when I need to get it out of the way. I'm wary of this weighty item swinging around and clouting something! This is probably the USP for me. I like the solid weight and feel of this.
  • It looks and feels fantastic to my mind. The buttons however are slightly smaller and wider spaced than the GH:WT-GH5 era guitar that I normally use. Learning the subtley different feel is something common to all different guitar models.
  • The strummer is utterly silent. I really liked the original RB1 stratocaster guitar at the time it came out. I think it had a quiet strummer too? My GH line of plastic guitars all click. I'm used to the click although I'm not too fussed either way, I think.
  • The Logitech guitar itself is only ever so slightly larger than a GH-WT-GH5 era guitar.

Ive actually been thinking i could do with a new 5 button guitar. Im using a guitar hero 5 one at the minute and the strum bar is so loud, its really starting to do my head in.
Ive seen these logitech guitars before but they were always really expensive, considering you can get a old rock band one for about £30 off ebay.
Im getting the mustang soon, so im gonna see how it works as a 5 button guitar. But if its hopeless im definitely gonna look into these.
Thanks for the info though.

Really not sure if anybody cares about these nowdays. They're not new news, especially not with the Mustang and Squire RB
Why don't you just get a real (fake) guitar? :confused: ;)

They do look nice, and I guess for parties there will still be a need for the ye olde 5 button jobs, as you can hardly throw a Squeir at a drunk mate that dosent play at all. I'm kinda hoping some of the other older ones will drop in price however, as they really don't get used much.

They look superb - love the colour scheme.

If I didnt have the Pro, I'd get those.

The Mustang does work as a 5 button, but its not as good as using a dedicated 5 button controller IMO.

Had one of these for 6 months now, couldn't stand the clicking and squeaking of the standard guitars. Great bit of kit, weighty but excellent build quality.

I must say, these look quality - but it doesn't look like we are allowed to use them on RockBand ...

"ACTIVISION AUTHORIZES THE USE OF THIS GUITAR HERO CONTROLLER ONLY WITH A GUITAR HERO GAME PRODUCT OR OTHER ACTIVISION LICENSED PRODUCT. ACTIVISION EXPRESSLY PROHIBITS THE USE OF THIS GUITAR HERO CONTROLLER WITH ANY OTHER GAME. NO OTHER LICENSE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IS GRANTED."

:eek: :D

I must say, these look quality - but it doesn't look like we are allowed to use them on RockBand ...

"ACTIVISION AUTHORIZES THE USE OF THIS GUITAR HERO CONTROLLER ONLY WITH A GUITAR HERO GAME PRODUCT OR OTHER ACTIVISION LICENSED PRODUCT. ACTIVISION EXPRESSLY PROHIBITS THE USE OF THIS GUITAR HERO CONTROLLER WITH ANY OTHER GAME. NO OTHER LICENSE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IS GRANTED."

:eek: :D

Its a shame Microsoft says otherwise then lol

http://www.trustedgoods.com/Logitec...9-000150.htm?gclid=CL7M4djhla0CFYuIfAod8UKRng

(Dup. Posting here as relevant)

I'm tempted ....... just to play those YES songs that haven't Pro compatability. Oh, and a few other songs! I did sell my YRG as that was partially bought to be a 5-button controller, but they never released the xbox cartridge.

And my 5-button squeeks too much, think I've just talked myself into one. And whenever my wife wants to play a non-pro song I sneer. Well maybe this will get my mojo up for playing them. Trouble is I can do Hard on Pro guitar, but can't manage Hard on legacy!

Last edited:
Terrific controller, heavy as the Squire, no squeeks, as good as it gets if you want a legacy guitar.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom