Logik R118D on/off button sticking

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by Merlin5, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Merlin5

Merlin5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi. I bought this DAB stereo radio only a few weeks ago and already the on/off button is faulty, it's sticking and I can't feel the 'click' when I push it anymore. It still turns on and off but there's no movement as such in the button. Also, sometimes when I turn it off it comes on again simply because of the button sticking. Stupidly, I threw away the receipt, at least, I can't find it, thinking I won't have any problem with it.:suicide: Is there anything I can safely lubricate the button with or spray it with? I mean I doubt I can get logik to fix or replace it with no receipt even though I presume it would have a years manufacturers guarantee. Or can I?

[​IMG]

2. Merlin5

Merlin5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I got well lucky today. I had no receipt, no real memory of the month I bought it, no idea if I'd bought it from currys or comet (both in same retail park I went to) and no idea if I paid by card or cash! I tried currys first. I told the cashier that maybe I bought it in March or April but I'm really not sure. She brought up dozens of March purchases of this radio on her cash till computer screen. She asked me to show her my debit card, just in case I paid by card. She then RANDOMLY selected one of the on screen purchase details in front of her, and lo and behold, a card number comes up showing the same last 4 digits as my card! So in one fell swoop, she managed to click on my purchase first time and found out I'd paid by card. Lol, how lucky is that? I took a brand new replacement of the same radio (which has since gone up £10 to 49.99; I didn't have to pay any extra obviously) AND a new receipt which will NOT be thrown away. I still have a years guarantee if it goes wrong again. :D

I forgot to say, I couldn't have done it without you.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009