Logik LPD1001 Portable DVD - Unknown tv port type

S

Stevebo

Hi,
I have bought this portable DVD player mainly for its MPEG4 functionality and it works great. The problem is that it has a port which is labelled 'TV Port'. It looks similar to a USB port but it is slightly slimmer and wider. I have searched hi and lo and can't find any information on it (in the manual is a nice pic showing one attached).

Can anyone help with the tech name for this connector port or where I can buy the TV tuner?

thanx

Steve

I understand this is also for a gamepad and tv tuner. Apparently it says so in the manual according to the Dixons chap I asked when I saw this too. Would like both of these but would like to find out model and manufacturer to try and see if I can source one before I buy.

How do this play? Any good and have you found anything else out about it?

This is actually a nice little player. Plays just about anything. Onboard speakers are dreadful though. It plays MP3 CD/DVD, CD, loads of differnt types of DVD CD recordable disks, even the cheap ones from Tesco and the bulk type from Maplin. Don't seem to play any DIVX version 5 or after, any version before is fine. But the great thing is it plays XVid (24, 25 or 29fps) without any loss of sync and .mpg as well. Battery is only 2.5 hours on movie. Comes with in car charger. I'm well pleased with it and the screen 10" is good quality.

I'm gonna follow your links and check it out. I'll reply sometime soon.

Thanks for that, your the only lead produced after many fruitless postings and calls.

wonder if you found out any more about this port. I like the look of this player. Screen is gorgeous and build quality seems high. It is solid. But am looking for usb input and possible tv reception.

Have bit the bullet and ordered a TV tuner from your lead. I am pretty sure this is what I am after. May be a few weeks now before I can let u know if it works. The thing is coming from the states.

Have you recieved your tuner yet. If so, does it work and does it recieve DVB-T (freeview)?

Let us know.

Hi.

anybody know who makes this player, as Logik is just a Currys Brand Name.

I just bought one and i cant play and divx files at all, only xvid work.

is their a firmware upgrade.

can anybody help.:lease:

I have a feeling that my LPD1001 might in fact be one of these, or a very similar generation:

http://www.axiontv.com/www/ProductDetail.asp?did=119

They both have the unusual manual volume knob, as well as the same specks and ports. In which case the Axion TV tuner should work...

If anybody has tried this, let me know please!

There might be a firmware upgrade as well, but I wouldn't want to be the first person to try it!

Also, anybody know what the game console can be used for??

Regards,

Ben.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom