1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logik 27" LCD - yes or no & does it take prgressive scan?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Stinky985, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Stinky985

Stinky985

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Th title says it all really.
    My local Currys have a 10% off weekend (just had a refit) and that means i can get the Logik 27" LCD for £720. But only today.
    I am interested in it (though i bottled oput of LCD 3 months ag and bought a Sony IDTV!)
    Is it worth it and will it take prgressive scan through its component inputs?
    Help?!
    Cheers

2. uczmeg

uczmeg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Yes it does take progressive scan.

Is it worth it? At that price, probably. Do a forum serach for Logik and you'll find a few threads discussing it. The sound is a bit poor, the remote crap but otherwise it is a nice set. As with all LCD sets it will show up a poor signal more than a CRT will.

Cheers
    Marc

3. Stinky985

Stinky985

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    well for sound it will only be for every day tv if its that bad i will use my AV seperates which i suppose i should do anyway! Its the picture i am interested in. I'll have to get a freeview digital box and i want the progressive scan for my Denon 2200. May route my xbox through the scart too. So i suppose a poor signal wouldnt really be relevant, fingers crossed!?!! :smashin: may have to go and look again now...

4. andrew markwort

andrew markwort

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    The sound isn't awful, it's just not outstanding. Think earlyish Nicam TV and you'll get the idea. What's really missing is a deep bass, but in fairness to Logik, they include an output for a subwoofer if bass is your thing. Actually, I like the fairly light sound. We have home theatre sound for when we really need full frequency quality, but late at night when the kids are asleep, having a relatively unobtrusive sound can be handy.

I agree about the remote though - and you cannot programme your Sky controller to operate the set.

However, these are small quibbles, and I really like our set.