1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logik 27" any good or should i pay more...

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by zawer612, Sep 19, 2004.

1. zawer612

zawer612

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Need some opinions on what to get. The thing is i'm able to get the Logik 27" LCD set from dixons for £850 (i've got a 15% discount) so should i go for that or should i spend a bit more and go for the hitachi 28"/medion 30" sets instead? Would they be worth more for the larger(slighty) screens for around £250~ more?
    Mainly using the tv for games playing (xbox,pc), viewing tv via a freeview box and dvd/hidef/divx playback via a htpc.

Thanks,

H. Hoang

2. newstuart

newstuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    sorry to but in but im trying to talk the girlfreind into letting me get this for the bedroom and a 15% discount may swing it :thumbsup: Dont suppose its a web discount is it ? if so can anyone use it ?

3. zawer612

zawer612

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh no its a staff discount, sorry :) . I guess if you know anyone who works in the dixons group then they may be able to get you the discount too....

HTH

H. Hoang

4. fozzy73

fozzy73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    avoid the logik for now. there is an audio issue at the minute and until the mod has been sorted out its not worth the hassle moeny or headaches. i dont have much experience with other two sets but avoid logik.

5. andrew markwort

andrew markwort

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Fozzy, you've posted this warning in a couple of other threads and as I've said in those threads, please may we have more details? I've had a Logik since early summer and the sound is fine. It's not spectacular (sort of 'bog standard ordinary Nicam sound' if that makes sense) but so far it's been reliable, and for high quality sound I'd never use the TV set anyway (I don't know anyone who would) - that's what a home theater system is for. Based on my personal experience only, I'd strongly recommend the Logik.