Logik 19" LCD Video Problem

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Simon6776, Dec 23, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Hi Folks,

I was looking for a cheapish LCD for the bedroom, and came across this deal at Currys. I also wanted a DAB radio, so bought the package.

I am getting used to the different picture (compared to a CRT), and everything is fine, except for the picture from a VCR, which is awful. The picture continually shakes horizontally, and the top of the screen is bent over to the right. I have tried a different VCR, and the problem remains. I have also tried different scart leads in different configurations, and can't get it any better.

Before I return the TV as faulty, does anyone know if this is a know issue, and if there is a simple fix?

Also, I occasionally need to use the TV at low volume, and the lowest setting is still quite loud. I was wondering if there's a service menu where the volume range can be adjusted?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Merry Christmas!

Simon.

2. mr1000

mr1000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, I also have the volume problem, anyone have a solution?

The lowest setting is far too loud for a bedroom.

Thanks.

3. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I have now exchanged mine - not without a drama, of course. The Currys Digital I bought it from is on a retail park, and when I tried to get there (stupidly, I know) on Boxing Day, the queues were a mile long for the car park, so I gave up that idea, and decided to take it to my local high street store instead, with the intention, as the unit appeared to be faulty, of getting a refund or exchange. To my disbelief, the guy in the shop said I would have to bring my VCR in to PROVE that there was a fault with the Logik! As far as the volume control goes, of course, in the shop, the lowest setting was practically inaudible, so he wouldn't accept that as a 'fault' either. I then complained about the PQ, which has a wide horizontal viewing angle, but is hopeless for a bedroom, where you tend to be lying down, as the vertical viewing angle is extremely inadequate. He denied there was any problem. At that point, I should have pressed the matter, and demanded some action by quoting the sale of goods act, etc, but instead, I lost my temper, and told him to get stuffed. :mad: I am now considering writing a letter of complaint to the company, as I believe I had every right to a refund, given that I had only purchased the item 3 days previously, but it will probably get me nowhere.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, the next day, I went to another larger store, and spoke to a much more reasonable guy, who immediately allowed me an exchange, and also to keep the DAB radio. I ended up with a Humax LU20-TD2, which has a much better PQ, and properly controllable sound. The only slight problem with this is that there is a background buzzing when listening on headphones, but for a budget model, I can't be arsed to complain any more.

4. mr1000

mr1000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Taking mine back tomorrow.

I have been told verbaly by 2 stores that tehy will offer a refund, even if there is no fault as they have a 14 day money back guarentee apparently...

5. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Usually that only applies if the product is unopened (and therefore unused), but they may still refund you out of good will, especially if you are exchanging it for a different one.

6. mr1000

mr1000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    They were fairly good about it in the end. They played around with the settings and said they had corrected the problem (all they did was turn down the bass and treble!) sounded quiet in the shop, got it home, and nio difference.

Took it back again, and got a refund, no problems. Phew.