1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

logi tech x-530 5.1 help

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by b!lly, Sep 7, 2005.

1. b!lly

b!lly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there i have just recently purchased my current setup of a CA-540c(cp),CA-540r,rotel RA-02 and a set of TDL studio 10's,now the thing is i have the logitech setup for my pc which gives me awsoeme sound(in my opinion)and was thinking of adding them to my setup if it was at all possible,as i noticed that the logitechs have different connections,any help or advice would be great.....

also i am still in the middle of deciding what amp to keep or if i can use both in conjuction with each other,,superb musical sound from the rotel but the CA has built in tuner and lots of av uses,,,any ideas :lease: :lease:

2. tom_nieto

tom_nieto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Right, you can keep both amps! The RA-02 will give better sound than the CA amp I think, and the CA amp will be able to benefit from the extra power that is freed up by not having to drive the front speakers.

What you'll need to do is find a free input on your rotel amp and plug it into the front 'pre-out' connectors on the AV receiver. I'm not sure if you can bypass the volume control on the rotel amp, but if not, don't worry. Just set the rotel's volume to 12 o'clock (easy reference point) and do a full system setup, balancing the sound channels. Plug youre speakers into the rotel amp as normal. I see you've got no centre or rears, so the last step is a little un necessary, but once you add those you'll need to do it. Hey presto, your Rotel amp now works as a power amp for the receiver!

Once you've done this, plug your CD player directly into the rotel amp, as this will bypass all of the CA receiver's bells and whistles and give you lovely unadulterated stereo sound.

The logitech speakers can be plugged in using the same method as the rotel amp to the other pre out connectors on the receiver to provide centre and rear speakers temporarily. The only thing is that you'll have to buy some 3.5mm to RCA converter cables to do this. Plug the logitech speakers into the sub, and then connect it as though you were connecting it to your PC, but using the converter cables into the reciever. You'll only be using 3 of the logitech speakers and the sub (not sure if it's got a separate input on your model). This unfortunately means that the receiver is only being used as a pre-amp at this stage, but once you buy some proper surround speakers it'll be used as an amp again.

Hope that's helped a little bit, sorry if it's explained too fast, it all seems pretty easy in my head :)

3. b!lly

b!lly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup:
    thanks very much for your help i kind of get the just of it and i am glad i can keep both amps,thanks very much :thumbsup: