Logging into remote play and console at the same time?

SeanB88

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it possible or is there a way to have two controllers logged into the same account?

The reason I’m asking is that I’ve got my PS4Pro hooked up via my receiver to a. Ew OLED. Behind the OLED I have 4 Philips Hue strips to back light the screen. I’ve also got Hue entertainment setup on a Mac mini so when I watch films the lights synce with what’s on screen.

What I want to do is have remote play running on my Mac mini so the video signal will sync with the lights. That bit actually works fine. But I want to have remote play running on the Mac so it syncs the Hue strips while I’m on the PS4 playing in 4K/hdr etc.

The problem is, if I login to my account on the PS4 it logs me out of remote play.

Any suggestions?

Have a second account on the system. So via remote play you log in to the second account (the controller isn't connected to the mac at this point. Just log in via the app), then press the PS button and log in as you're main account and play away.

That's how I normally play remote play as it allows me to join parties and chat on my main account and play on my PC or tv.

Yeah it works :)

Hue lights now synced to PS4 using 2nd pin account via remote play

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 00.57.37 copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 00.57.37 copy.jpg
    955.3 KB · Views: 262
Have a second account on the system. So via remote play you log in to the second account (the controller isn't connected to the mac at this point. Just log in via the app), then press the PS button and log in as you're main account and play away.

That's how I normally play remote play as it allows me to join parties and chat on my main account and play on my PC or tv.
Also allows you to connect your live controller directly to the PS4, rather than the laptop that the 2nd account is tethered to, reducing input lag significantly.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom