Logan Lucky (2017) directed by Steven Soderbergh

Great trailer. Daniel Craig, oh my word, he found his funny bone.

So I saw this again last night and I still don't really know what the message was meant to be at the end with
Hilary S****'s character showing up in the bar saying she is going to hang around for a while
?

Are we meant to think
she is carrying on her investigation and is hanging around to see if she can catch them for the crime? If so, given they was all openly speaking about it whilst she was sitting there, hence her "I need to toast with a drink" line, clearly showing she heard it, is she going to pin them
?

Or, I saw someone else say that
she wants to be a part of their "crew" and leave the police behind?? I personally can't see how that would make any sense and feels completely out the blue, but like I say, I am not sure what her scene at the end was meant to imply
?

Anyone else know?

I took it to mean that
S**** was going to be around long enough to nail them for the heist.

I took it to mean that
Me too.
Think this is a super underrated film. Love it more every time I see it.

I took it to mean that

That's what I got from it too.

Given she heard exactly what they said, surely that means they are busted there and then.. So perhaps it's the films way of saying that they didn't get away with it?

Rewatched it the other day in the hope I would get into it more, but it just did my head in like the first time. The story is a slog and the accents are so stupid they pull me out of the film every time. Not just Daniel Craig's awful effort; the American actors suck at southern accents too (with the exception of Riley Keough- she's great).

Full marks for the soundtrack though, by far the best thing about the movie.

Saw this for the first time tonight, its really good.

^^^^ as to the ending its just left open to interpretation

Looks like after a successful and lucky series of events that they got them through the heist.

But with Agent Grayson turning up, it seems the Logan family curse may or may not strike

Last edited:
Saw this for the first time tonight, its really good.

^^^^ as to the ending its just left open...

Looks like after a successful and lucky series of events that they got them through the heist.

But with Agent Grayson turning up, it seems the Logan family curse may or may not strike

Spoiler: is that not just a spoiler how the film ends?

spoiler? only if i left my second spoiler open

there are many movies with 'ambiguous endings'

the first line is not giving any plot away, therefore not going to ruin the films' enjoyment for anyone

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom