Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Every now and then our work IT dept. do a refresh after which i have to log in once again to the forum and other sites I would normally remain logged in to. For whatever reason, on this occasion when I click the log in icon on my work laptop it won't actually go to the log in screen..... I just get the small icon with moving bars in the top right of the screen but nothing happens.

This is obviously a pain as prevents me posting at work. I can still access the site and threads without issues so its not blocked in any way, but wondered if anyone else had experienced this problem...?

I can't be discreet using my iPad too often at work so unless I can sort this out my daily input will be very restricted....

Dunno if it will work but have you tried cleaning your browser cache and any temp files?

Chrome
Firefox
IE :p

You could also try in Private/Incognito mode to see if any extensions are causing the problem.

Dunno if it will work but have you tried cleaning your browser cache and any temp files?

Chrome
Firefox
IE :p

You could also try in Private/Incognito mode to see if any extensions are causing the problem.

Didn't work. But when I tried to log on again I saw the message saying:

IE blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors.

Never been an issue on AVF before, so not sure it it is a site issue and can be rectified, or if I'm stuffed...

You're not stuffed mate, click the "IE" link I posted above and that should fix it :D

You're not stuffed mate, click the "IE" link I posted above and that should fix it :D

Haha.... Would be good except we can't download anything on our systems without admin rights....

Bummer :(

Run a portable version of from a USB?

Otherwise, Googling the error message you got brings back loads of results so might be worth a look.

For example, do you have this option in IE?

Internet Options>Advanced>Warn about certificate address mismatch

i had that same issue here after reisntalling recently, cant remember if it fixed it by clearing caches etc with ccleaner or whatever but i remember not getting in for couple days and not bothering about it then it just worked.

or could actually try doing real work at work? facebook and forums have an explosion of activity after 9am when people get to "the office" to do fudge all :D

Haha.... They get more than their pound of flesh trust me.

Just buy an identical laptop and take that to work with you. :D

Or tether the work one to your phone?

Did you fix it in the end mate?

Or tether the work one to your phone?

Did you fix it in the end mate?

Didn't get a chance to try much as was snowed under before going on leave. Will try some things when back on the work laptop though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom