Log cabins

djcla

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a log cabin / large shed / outdoor room in their garden ? Looking at the insulated ones from dunster house just after some opinions on their quality etc

Anyone bought a cabin from dunsterhouse before just wonder what your opinions were on it?

I haven't, but I'll be visiting their showroom in Bedford shortly because I have my heart set on a twinskin one of these as my bottom-of-the-garden retro gaming den :smashin:

yep i was looking at the twin skin ones too with premium plus windows etc

It's a 70 mile round trip so having to dress it up as an exciting day out for the whole family. Oh for the days when I could do whatever the hell I wanted ;) And as much as we're overpaying the mortgage like crazy at the mo, I'm pretty sure 5 seconds after setting foot inside I'll be ordering one ha.

I have a runs yet house cabin didn't go for the double skin one but the thicker walled one. Really please with it. Been up 3 years now. I upgraded the windows to double glazed, shingles for the riof and a lower threshold door. I insulated the floor and slab. Might do the roof this year. Really please. Put it up in a day was a long day but got it up.

Think I hit an email to refer a friend the other day might be an offer for you ;) pm me your email and I'll forward on.

Saggy said:
I have a runs yet house cabin.

Not sure I understand , did you get your cabin from dunsterhouse? Also do you think the shingles are good value for money from them?

Sorry that was supposed to say dunsterhouse but the phone auto corrected. Shingles was a great choice much better than felt.

Resurrecting an old thread here!

Also looking for a timber/log cabin for the garden, has anyone purchased one recently??

Could anyone point me in the direction of a good quality brand?

Thanks

Although i have not got one, there are a couple of threads in here that have used Tuin.

Worth a visit to the web site as they some good tips and a blog of installs they have done. Haven't looked hard but can't see any bad reviews.

Thanks, I looked at those but the google reviews are not that good, a few 1 star ones.

Much rather trust the honest reviews on this site

We had ours built by a local carpenter/builder we knew. It came in much cheaper than the kits and the big companies were quoting. It also made it easier to have it to our exact specification.

Surprisingly cheap aswell although he is one of those guys who quotes cheap then complains he makes no money on the job...

I think calling them log cabins is a bit cheeky looking at them. They're just garden sheds with an inflated price tag.

Log cabins are made with logs, or half logs.

Just read this thread and there’s an advert at the bottom of the page for log cabins - technology eh !

Thanks, I looked at those but the google reviews are not that good, a few 1 star ones.

Much rather trust the honest reviews on this site

Google has 10 reviews, Trust pilot has 391 Reviews 88% being excellent and 1% being bad.

@JokerJack Used them in his build thread The Log Cabin Build I'm sure there was another who used them???

Google has 10 reviews, Trust pilot has 391 Reviews 88% being excellent and 1% being bad.

@JokerJack Used them in his build thread The Log Cabin Build I'm sure there was another who used them???

Can’t recommend them enough to be honest, mine is still up with no issues what so ever! You can see mine in the sig below
EDIT: just looked and can’t believe mine has been up for 3 years now.. wow time flies hey

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom