1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lofty

Discussion in 'Members DIY Home Cinema Showcases' started by sbowler, Apr 12, 2005.

1. sbowler

sbowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +487
    About 9yrs ago I thought whilst cleaning in the loft what a wasted space it was. I had recently began adding a stereo amp and speakers to the TV in the lounge, hmm I thought whilst walking through WHSmiths, a home cinema mag, I think there was only a couple at the time. Prologic was all the rage and laser disc was all the rage.
    Anyway so the construction began. Almost a year later I bought my first pj a sharp XV350. low resolution 100 to 1 contrast ratio, but oh boy 5ft picture. The audio side of things started with a Yamaha DSP A2070 A huge amp bought second hand at Image HIFI here in wakefield. Its closed now but those guys knew a thing or to about hifi.
    Then came the news of a new format DVD. I got down to the sony centre here and ordered one of the first six machines to come to wakefield a black 540 cant remember exact model number, it did cost me 540 quid though.
    The price of discs also came as a shock 24.95 for jumanji, did get jerry mcguire free with player though. Have nearly 400 now how time flies. Upgraded the pj this year to the panasonic 700, all HD ready, and a vast jump in quality. The dvd also now is a pioneer 668 with HDMI to the pj. Theres also a freeview via RGB and the quality of digi tv is excellent.
    The audio is taken care of by a Denon 3802 AV receiver which runs 7 X 105watts a channel. Its set up for 6.1 though. This is connected via biwired front soundstage of mission 7332 and a mission 75c. the rears are 3X 731s. Bringing out the bass is a REL Strata 2.

2. GFS AV

GFS AV
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think there's something wrong with the photos mate, when I open them they are only about 4cm x 4cm on the screen.

3. sbowler

sbowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +487
    sorry about the size of pics resized

4. arn

arn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think you need to get some more dvd's :)

5. Chazthomas

Chazthomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Done well Like Kill Bill, how many dvds you got in total? Does it get hot in the loft? and what kinda seating have you got, thanks for your reply to mine aswel iv posted more pics if bored have a look. charlie

6. sbowler

sbowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +487
    around the 450 mark for DVDs. need some more seating though its only an old sofa. it does get quite warm in the summer but cant afford air con on my NHS wage