Loftbox help required

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by N.A.V, Sep 16, 2007.

1. N.A.V

N.A.V
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I was wondering if somebody can help me out with a query.

I've got four av cables running into my living room which the electrician installed for Sky, as well as TV points in five other rooms.

I want to get a Sky +/HD box so will I need to purchase a Loftbox Expander as well as a Loftbox?

I want to be able to change the Sky channel from each of the five other rooms (with the sky box located in the living room) using a TV link.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13,697
    Sky+ and Sky HD require TWO cables for their signals. If your electrician did not run two sets of sat cable then you may have a few difficulties. However much depends on the quality of the 4 "AV" cables (?) that you have and whether your normal TV aerial has its own cable.

It is possible to use a loftbox to diplex both a sat signal AND an aerial signal onto a single cable, then use a diplex faceplate to split out the two signals in the lounge. If you are tight for cables you may have do this in order to feed a second sat signal for Sky+/HD. The loftbox quite happily transmits the signal for remote operation so there should be no difficulties in operating remotely.

3. N.A.V

N.A.V
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the prompt reply.

He has run two cables which he said would be needed for Sky +/HD. So would I need a Loftbox Expander as well as a Loftbox?

4. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13,697
    "It is ideally suited for when a SKY+ receiver is being installed. The Sky+ requires two feeds from the LNB (dish), so where there are no spare cables available to take the extra feed, the LoftBox® Expander combines the two feeds onto one cable."

If you have two sat signal cables installed, you do not need a loftbox expander.