Loft Splitter Advice Please - Replacing Labgear MSA281

M

Marmadukes

Hi, this is my first post :) and I'd really appreciate any advice.

My basic question is... Will I be able to use infra-red remote extenders when the signal is going through my old Labgear MSA281 loft splitter?

At the moment I've got a Labgear Msa281 splitter in my loft. It takes one input from my FM aerial and one from my TV aerial, then sends this signal out to 6 TVs across the house. My sky dish is cabled straight downstairs to my sky box, so I only have sky in one room at the moment.

I'm upgrading to Sky+ HD next month and I've been wanting to change my setup to allow sky viewing on all TVs. So I think I will need to send the signal from my sky box's 2nd output to an input on the loft splitter - I've tried this and it works fine, although the picture quality is slightly reduced (maybe due to the old brown cabling?). ...Anyway, I was just wondering If I needed to upgrade my loft splitter to something newer like a Labgear HDU681S, that has been designed with remote extenders in mind.

I've tried to find info on the MSA281, but no luck so far. So any advice would be great, thanks.

You will indeed need the Labgear HDU681S or similar - assuming you want a Loft Box and not a simple distribution amplifier.

Ok, thanks, is that because my current box isn't compatible with infrared remote extenders or for another reason?

Sorry what do you mean by a 'simple distribution amplifier'? Is that not what I already have?

cheers :)

bump

Any other suitable splitters I should look at?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations on infrared remote extenders?

thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom