1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loft or Roof ?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by 4jbl7, Jan 5, 2005.

1. 4jbl7

4jbl7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Following on from my question about needing a new aerial or not (thanks Simon100)-I live about 3 miles away from the Waltham mast(HUGE) and our old aerial is on the roof, if I replace it with an aerial in the loft -which I can do myself but not the roof-what do I need to get ? Being in the loft should it be an aerial designed for a poorer signal strength, with more elements etc and one that is correct for the digital signal ? New TV has the built-in freeview box. Argos have quite a selection but I need advice on what would be best for the loft. Thanks

4jbl7 :)

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    The Argos 534/1829 aerial is OK for what you want, but it seems rather expensive at £19.99.
    Maplin Electronics do a similar one (ZA55K) for £12.99, but it's currently out of stock on mail order, but you might find one in a local Maplin store.
    Many DIY stores do TV aerials, as long as you choose one which is wideband (as most are these days) and around 10 elements, you should be OK.