Loft aerial sufficient for digital?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by gravesend46, Jan 28, 2003.

1. gravesend46

gravesend46
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just moved into a house which is quite high up but surprisingly I can get no picture using the aerial lead as it exists. Not a problem downstairs as I have Telewest digital feeding my TV straight from the cable, but I do want to be able to get a picture upstairs without paying Telewest £15 a month for another box.

Something like Freeview upstairs will do me, but the problem is I currently have no decent aerial. If I got someone to put in a loft aerial would this be of sufficient quality to get a picture? And does anyone know how much your average aerial guy charges to install an aerial and run cable into, say, three bedrooms?

Thanks!

2. Pod Person

Pod Person

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can only answer this part of your question..

I think it totally depends on how near you are to the tv transmitter. If you are in a strong location then fine use a loft aerial. If not then use an external aerial.
    It would be fairly easy to rig a loft aerial yourself to see what kind of reception you have. ie... buy an aerial and cable ect.

In my neck of the woods, loft aerials are out of the question.

3. kevenh

kevenh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm 17mile from the Hannington transmitter and get a good picture with a loft aerial.

You need to either try it and see, or see how your neighbours get freeview.