1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by scrapbook, Sep 23, 2003.

1. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Okey dokey..

Well it has taken me a year but I think I have finally decided on a TV, well sort of!

Have been looking at Loewe TV's, a couple of questions if I may,

a) Is the Aconda that much better than the Aventos - about 33% price wise - does that translate in quality?

b) I note there have been some playback probs on NTSC material on the Aventos - my DVD player plays back NTSC material in PAL 60 format (what ever that is?) will there still be the same problems?

c) Am I right in thinking that the Aventos and Mimo are the same inside? I did read some where on this forum that the Aventos and Aconda where the same but this was later contradicted elsewhere!

I have lost count of the number of TV's I have been put off, hopefully it won't be the case with these as well!!

2. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi mate.

The Aventos and the Aconda only differ in the way they look and some of the digital processing options. The Aconda is made from better plastic and is a much more solid design. The processing options you dont get with the Aventos are things like Full-PIP and some picture tweaks like DMM which smooths movement out like DNM on philips sets.

All of the loewe range use the same picture tube accept for the 9281 Aconda which uses a tosh tube and the 93102 Aconda which uses a thomson tube i think. This means that the basic picture of the whole range (excluding the ones with the different tubes) is the same.

There is a small problem with loewe sets creating a moire effect when using 60hz mode but it is fixable and all the info on how to fix is here on these forums.:)

Loewe are releasing a new TV soon called the Nemos. My guess is that it is the same spec as the Mimo.

http://www.petermartin.co.uk/loewe/nemos/nemos_32_slideshow.htm

3. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Boy am I naive!

I assumed all these manufacturers had their own 'tubes', which is obviously not the case!

So what makes a Loewe TV with a Toshiba/Thomson 'tube' in it better than a Tosh/Thomson TV?

Do they all use their own processing software?

So which Tosh/Thomson TV's have the same 'tubes' as the Loewes then? Any ideas?

4. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Loewe seem to have far better quality control than most of the other brands and the digital processing seems to be flawless from what iv seen. Loewe dont make their own CRT tubes, they must just get hold of the tube that they like the most and tweak the hell out of it!

Toshiba/Sony/Philips all use different software and CRT tubes in their sets.